Possibility of 2 v 2 in offline version?

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• Just wondering if this is on the cards - obviously I can create a 2v2 game online, but not offline. My partner doesn't have a laptop so sometimes we end up with just one computer between us. And fighting the AI collaboratively is more fun than fighting each other :-) - especially when using one machine means that it requires a big effort of will to play in a way that means that players don't see each other's cards etc.

cheers!
    Anarchobadger

• You can of course play 2v2 hotseat against the AI simply by agreeing not to target each other (at least until the AI is dead). You just have to be careful not to move next to your ally's units thus getting engaged to them.

That said, an explicit 2v2 mode would also be good!
    Tess
    GOD

• I am looking forward to the possibility of 2 vs 2 against bots. Nice way to introduce someone to the game without stomping them into dust after the two bots are dead. Of course serious improvements to the AI wizards is necessary first. As it stands, the AI wizards can easily be exploited in terms of vines, illusions, and other mishaps. Combat against the AI is still very lacking, and needs much improvement before a 2 vs 2 game would be worthwhile.
    Lithos

• Lithos wrote:Of course serious improvements to the AI wizards is necessary first. As it stands, the AI wizards can easily be exploited in terms of vines, illusions, and other mishaps. Combat against the AI is still very lacking, and needs much improvement before a 2 vs 2 game would be worthwhile.

I'm finding it actually not that bad. It depends who you're playing with of course, but the AI is perfectly adequate when introducing the game to beginners.

I'm not finding it *that* easy to exploit the AI with illusions. Admittedly they tend to disbelieve random creatures rather than the highly unlikely giant that's bearing down on them, but I can't be sure I'm going to get away with it, and that lack of certainty is the important thing.

Still, as you say, there's a long way to go before the AI is a big challenge. I still beat 3 AI wizards 4 times out of 5, and when I die it's usually an oversight on my part.
    Tess
    GOD

• I have two main rules when playing the current AI to make it more fun:

- Always burn tanglevine and shadow wood; too game-breaking otherwise
    - Don't cast illusions

That ups the challenge a bit obviously, but it avoids cheesing it, and victories feel more satisfying.
    krayzkrok

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information