suggestion of a gamemode

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
toutai

suggestion of a gamemode

Post by toutai » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:01 am

I thought a long time about this mode since the spell subvertion and it goes like this:

in that game mode it's free for all and each map have 1-5 permanent plants in it (these can't be summoned) and the range of the plants are like shadow wood, but it corrupts a random monster or wizard in it's range the next turn (and temporary switch color for exemple black)

if there are any monsters or wizards in the attack range of the corrupted wizard/monster it'll switch collor and attack at random (friendly or foe).

if there aren't any monsters or wizards in the attack range of the wizard/monster that would get corrupted then it won't switch color and you can control it like you would otherwise.

btw if this mode is added I'd call it Corruption unless you can find a better name for it.
Luck is something that gets weird when I'm there
Twitch: Ferolia
Steam/Skype: joreason (renamed myself Toutai)
E-mail: the_death_warrior@hotmail.com

toutai

Re: suggestion of a gamemode

Post by toutai » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:55 pm

SlipperyJim and worto03 I want to hear your thoughts about this and when I mentioned this idea in a match I was in with Julian the same day I posted this, he then told me it sounded intresting and said I should post it in the forum (he never said which area but because it's both good and bad I posted it here).

Ps: what I ment with that the monster or wizard temporary switched color that turn I didn't mean the circle (might kill the monsters the wizard controls if it does) but ment the actual color of them.

btw I thought about this but didn't write it back then but maybe to show which the plants are then it could have a fog or rain around it but if it's like that it'll be easier to avoid the 1 turn corruption.

krayzkrok

Post by krayzkrok » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:32 am

Well I have some thoughts about it, but I'm not SlipperyJim or wort03 so I guess you don't want to hear them. :lol:

;)

toutai

Post by toutai » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:39 am

krayzkrok wrote:Well I have some thoughts about it, but I'm not SlipperyJim or wort03 so I guess you don't want to hear them. :lol:

;)

well I'm fine with other peoples thoughts about it too but without the thoughts of those in control then it won't get added which is why I asked about their thoughts too

LordOfShannara

Post by LordOfShannara » Sat May 10, 2014 4:57 pm

If Julian said to post the idea I am sure he meant you should put the idea out to the community, not just his henchmen. (No offense Jim and Wort.)

toutai

Post by toutai » Sat May 10, 2014 10:04 pm

LordOfShannara wrote:If Julian said to post the idea I am sure he meant you should put the idea out to the community, not just his henchmen. (No offense Jim and Wort.)

I know and everyone's thought about it is welcome but I want their thought about it too

krayzkrok

Post by krayzkrok » Sat May 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I hope there are a number of variations to the basic arena battles, and perhaps we could pool ideas here and suggest some good ones for the dev team. Corruption sounds like it could be quite... chaotic! But it could be a lot of fun too. I think the corruption trees would need to have a range of more than just 1 though otherwise nobody would ever go near them. Perhaps they should have a much larger range (up to 5 or 6) and instead of automatically corrupting creatures they do so randomly with a certain chance of success. This is similar to another discussion elsewhere about having creatures having a chance of freeing themselves from your control and becoming independent AI, but in this case that control could switch between wizards, AI, back to yourself etc. It might be a bit too random, to be honest, but it's one of those things that you'd need to playtest.

toutai

Post by toutai » Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 am

krayzkrok wrote:I hope there are a number of variations to the basic arena battles, and perhaps we could pool ideas here and suggest some good ones for the dev team. Corruption sounds like it could be quite... chaotic! But it could be a lot of fun too. I think the corruption trees would need to have a range of more than just 1 though otherwise nobody would ever go near them. Perhaps they should have a much larger range (up to 5 or 6) and instead of automatically corrupting creatures they do so randomly with a certain chance of success. This is similar to another discussion elsewhere about having creatures having a chance of freeing themselves from your control and becoming independent AI, but in this case that control could switch between wizards, AI, back to yourself etc. It might be a bit too random, to be honest, but it's one of those things that you'd need to playtest.

Yeah but if you think about how much area a success with 7 shadow wood covers then this is a rather big area too, also if they have the range of 5-6 then if they're in the correct places it'll cover up to 100% of the map (of a 4 people map).
This is what I thought about when I limited it to 1 range due to it's supposed to be a wizard vs wizard with dangerous areas and not wizard vs AI.

krayzkrok

Post by krayzkrok » Sun May 11, 2014 10:44 am

Yes there'd need to be a lot less of them if they had a range of 5-6. But you need to have a reasonable chance that creatures will be forced to move into range. Perhaps that could work if it was necessary to cross them to reach the other player(s)?

toutai

Post by toutai » Sun May 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Hmm maybe and if you count in the randomness of a map then on some of them then it'll make the people to probably wait for draw instead of attacking while when 1 range then you could force someone to go into them when they'll try to flee.

But yeah the range could be larger but I belive 5-6 is too big and the 1 range might be too short but to make it fun to play on them I'd say max 1-3 range otherwise you would probably never summon atleast half of the minions/mounts you can get (which wouldn't be fun if you heavy on them)