Custom Decks for Private Matches

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:49 am

• A couple of us were playing Worms over the Xmas holidays. (If anyone else wants in on the action it keeps coming up really cheap in the steam sales btw)

Anyway, one of the best things about that game is the way that you can finely tune the arsenal of weapons available to each player at the start of a match.

So what if you could do the same in Chaos when setting up matches? We've already got a tool in realm design which allows you to set the percentage chance of each creature being a reinforcement for Wizard Lords, what if we could make use of a similar tool (applied to all spells) to make some weird and wonderful bespoke private matches?

reinforcements.png

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:33 am

• Interesting idea for private matches. I like it.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 am

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 pm

• I would 1000% like this. As much customisation for private matches as possible please!!!

Allowing us to tailor the deck loadouts would REALLY rock!! Let us create e.g "no undead" games, "battlemage" games, multi-bolt "games", etc, etc, etc!!

The next step after this would be to allow these customised games in in-game private leagues/tournaments (or public!!) Options like old-style blob spread behaviour on/off, bolt as a guarantee to be in hand, etc, etc.
    stubar

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:45 pm

• ooh worms, I am up for worms
    Doofus

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:43 pm

• Doofus wrote:ooh worms, I am up for worms

I think we need to have another worms night... Preferably when you're drumk ;-)

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:45 pm

• stubar wrote:I would 1000% like this. As much customisation for private matches as possible please!!!

Allowing us to tailor the deck loadouts would REALLY rock!! Let us create e.g "no undead" games, "battlemage" games, multi-bolt "games", etc, etc, etc!!

The next step after this would be to allow these customised games in in-game private leagues/tournaments (or public!!) Options like old-style blob spread behaviour on/off, bolt as a guarantee to be in hand, etc, etc.

You could do all sorts with it. For both private games/tournaments and also for offline games, there's just so much scope for customisation.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:35 am

• Yes, also for offline then please.

If this was implemented, I'd be like this (beware, Game of Thrones spoilers):
    https://youtu.be/MrdQoE8K-ow?t=763
    Hodor.
    Tortuosit

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:09 am

• Bump - I think it's worth re-mentioning this as changes to Offline mode are about to be made in the next update.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:07 am

Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information