Custom Decks for Private Matches

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:10 am

• I'd love this as it would enable pure customisation abilities. e.g no "wall" type spells (set the distribution to 0%), undead battle (set all undead to maximum), etc, etc

This would make a great impact for battle style in Classic mode.
    stubar

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:07 am

• Simplest implementation might be to allow players to set taboos for private or offline matches.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:36 pm

• I like it, limitations apply to all players so it's not like deck-building (which I don't think would work well in CR).
    On the other hand, not exactly something I would prioritize. Might be pretty easy to implement though.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:16 pm

• This is an interesting prospect for the game as a whole as it could provide players to upgrade from the demo version to the full version. Right now we've got:

-Offline Realms
    -Custom Offline Battle
    -Online Realms
    -Full access to equipment (realm shops, forge)
    -Social Progression
    -Friends list/Coop features?

Perhaps adding robust customization options that you could only access with the full version would be a good feature to encourage purchases? Can still allow players to do private matches but have limits until a full purchase is made.

I like the idea of optional taboos, perhaps having another option for reinforcements (random or selected with a point system)? Might as well throw that in as well :lol:

sorry kind of veering off here!
    anjovi

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:00 am

• I'm referring to creatures being on the board precast as they do in realms mode (villagers/citadel reinforcements) I know, probably wouldn't be the most popular thing but just having that level of customization in your private/offline battles as a selling point for actually purchasing the game.
    anjovi

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:24 am

• anjovi wrote:I'm referring to creatures being on the board precast as they do in realms mode (villagers/citadel reinforcements) I know, probably wouldn't be the most popular thing but just having that level of customization in your private/offline battles as a selling point for actually purchasing the game.

No reason why that couldn't be an option 2 for those who want it though.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:05 am

• Great idea :)

for private matches you should be able to cutomise lots of stuff.

map size, terrain type, the option to add non alligned ai controlled creatures, mana amount and placment.

and im sure tons of stuff i forgot about too.
    PRETENAMA
    Incarnadine

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:58 am

• Bump - Could this be an alternative way of setting up decks for Demi God Custom Matches?

The taboo system works, but it's a bit clunky as a way of trying to set up a particular deck for a player, doing it this way, would allow a lot more precise control over the decks, and to that end the overall player experience.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:05 am

• well, I have a bit of a proposition in mind for changing the gui layout, that allows customization options like this:
    proposal.png
    proposal.png (162.77 KiB) Viewed 109 times

Basically, what it allows is:
    -ability to give players more objectives
    -give teams as a whole objectives
    -allows layering of taboos, specific to teams/players
    -a good foundation for future features (like customizing decks as you could make them have their own sub menu
    -Customize rewards in a similar fashion...

overall, just gives the demigods more freedom over what kind of experiences they make. Ideally we'd be able to create custom matches akin to the ones that we've been playing around with using the honor system (i.e don't cast an undead spell or being able to use a sword Or a bow to kill, etc.)
    anjovi

Previous

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information