Idea for League Hall of Fame

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:35 pm

• It would be quite nice if there was a "Hall of Fame" which could archive at least the top 10 (or more!) for each month's League results. As it stands now, all records of our past achievements expire a month after a League season ends. This Hall of Fame need not necessarily be in the game itself but could be on the game's website.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:46 am

• NoWorries wrote:It would be quite nice if there was a "Hall of Fame" which could archive at least the top 10 (or more!) for each month's League results. As it stands now, all records of our past achievements expire a month after a League season ends. This Hall of Fame need not necessarily be in the game itself but could be on the game's website.

+1.
    Farious

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:00 am

• The game could do a lot more in terms of recognising player achievement all round.

Recording league standing certainly, but also things like reporting on the top rankings for each social tier each month, which players have successfully completed (or invaded) the most realms, which players have caused the most wizard deaths across all game modes, or just fun stuff like who has cast the most blob.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

• I think it's a great idea! something to consider when implementing the demi-god tier stuff. or a patch later if need be.
    Just things like this to tie the players into the community, like "yeah there's this wizardy online game called chaos..And i made my mark on it"

1+
    anjovi

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:58 am

• good idea hate that al your hard work is just blown to dust after a month.

+1 Hall of fame.
    PRETENAMA
    Incarnadine

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:38 pm

• Huh. Beginning this past month, the top ten Archwizards get medals. Gold for #1, Silver for #2, Bronze for #3, and Iron for the rest of the top ten. While I'm bummed not to get medals for some great finishes in prior months, this seems to be a step in a great direction and bodes well for the social RPG and coop features to come.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:34 pm

• NoWorries wrote:Huh. Beginning this past month, the top ten Archwizards get medals. Gold for #1, Silver for #2, Bronze for #3, and Iron for the rest of the top ten. While I'm bummed not to get medals for some great finishes in prior months, this seems to be a step in a great direction and bodes well for the social RPG and coop features to come.

Well this is news.

I guess we'll get details, but I'd be keen to know how we'd be able to show these medals off to other players!
    MattyRasker

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:44 am

• MattyRasker wrote:
    NoWorries wrote:Huh. Beginning this past month, the top ten Archwizards get medals. Gold for #1, Silver for #2, Bronze for #3, and Iron for the rest of the top ten. While I'm bummed not to get medals for some great finishes in prior months, this seems to be a step in a great direction and bodes well for the social RPG and coop features to come.

Well this is news.

I guess we'll get details, but I'd be keen to know how we'd be able to show these medals off to other players!

Yeh, other players need to be able to see them. Maybe on the wizard info screen and more simplistically on the battle screen as part of of the player's wizard icon?
    Farious

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:43 pm

• Farious wrote:Yeh, other players need to be able to see them.

I can't see my own medals, which makes me think that these medal alerts are a precursor to features to be introduced in the next update or two.

NoWorries
    GOD

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:29 pm

• Bump - Depending on the investment in development time, this could be a really nice way to help retain players in the game.

As it stands, people play a monthly competitions, and then the next month it's like the whole game resets back to it's original state, there needs to be something that endure and which players are able to look back on in order to see past winners and/or their own progress within PvP and Realms.

- For realms, it'd be lovely to have an archeived record of realms that reached the 2,000 plays and who the top 10 scorers were for each of them.

- For PvP it'd be even nicer to see the winner and runner up for each competition format.

- If doable, and now that we have demi-god custom games, it'd also be good to see a competition history for some of the bespoke/player created competitions that are made.

- And then also maybe some other stand out features... which 10 players have gained the most XP in game, who has the most gold? Who has the best record for realm invasions, or the best win percentage for 4 player league games... (I think a lot of this info already exists in game, it's just a case of filtering the data and creating a tab to display it.)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information