Idea for League Hall of Fame

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:45 pm

• Regarding any kind of in-game stats tracking in general. I think async time-outs are still a key issue which needs addressing somehow, because they have a direct influence on results, therefore they have a big impact on in-game stats/ratings/leaderboards.

For example, if I'm competing one season and I find out there are players who have timed out in 60+ games each I'm no longer interested in the outcome of that season because the timeouts have directly influenced the results across too many games, the in-game stats/ratings/leaderboards sadly all become kind of irrelevant.
    Mazy

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:02 pm

• Every sport has those sorts of occurrences. Weather interrupts a hot picture on the mound during a baseball game or a fan catches something that shouldn't have been caught. A ref on the pitch makes a results-changing bad call or accidentally heads a player in to a concussion.

I will say with League play that timeouts are only really skewed in 1v1 asyncs. I.e., players can win by default that way. But in 3FFA and 4FFA matches, there are still 1-2 other players that have to be beat. Moreover, async is the only really active and viable form of League 3FFA and 4FFA that is happening, so any drastic timeouts are reasonably distributed among all the players engaged in those modes.

What I'm trying to get at... inarticulately... is that ponder a universe where the only League play are 3FFA, 4FFA, and possibly 2v2 live and async matches. All live 1v1s are consolidated in Duel mode. And competitive async 1v1s are relegated to custom tournament formats through the custom game feature.

Yes, many people like 1v1 asyncs in League. But that's the only format where a massive timeout by a player doesn't result 100% of the time in an auto-win for the remaining player.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Previous

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information