Aelfscyne and crystal wall; bug or brilliant play by me?

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• I'm not sure if this is intended gameplay or a bug.

-Cast magic wood
    -Opponent traps a tree in a crystal wall
    -Use Aelfscyne (the 5 trees into elves talisman) to turn the tree into an elf

The elf is then free, even though it still shares the same tile as the wall. You can move out, shoot out, stay in and attack an adjacent segment, etc. I'm not sure if the elf can be attacked while in the wall, I moved the elf out same turn. It did give me the option to melee the next wall over without needing to move out but I didn't do it.
    Sturbotrand

• Your brilliant play has exposed a bug:)
    RafiRomero

• Cool bug (and good play). This would be good to test to see if the same thing happens with vines into spider, trees into goblins.

I reckon a good fix for this would be to make the act of the tree transforming into an elf demolish the wall and free the elf, i.e, with no remaining wall cover.... Or maybe the wall wasn't actually there? maybe the wall death animation didn't play, and that's the bug... Did the elf have increased defence still? (as if it was still inside wall).
    Mazy

• I had to go to work and wasn't able to test anything else. Leaving the creature in to test attackability would be the next step. Now that I think about it I don't remember the wall hp bar being present, it may well have been destroyed and left a visual bug.
    Sturbotrand

• If it was a visual bug, I think it would disappear at the start of your next turn.
    RafiRomero

• This has been fixed, a fix should appear in the next update.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

• CGR wrote:This has been fixed, a fix should appear in the next update.

will fix include the one with shadow wood to goblins and tangle vines to spiders that are trapped in crystal walls.?
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

• Yes.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information