Community driven Roadmap

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:44 am

• Another thing that comes to mind is:
    -Allowing players to invite allies for all realm battles (including totem/village battles)
    anjovi

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:12 am

• Classic Mode Realms
    Multiplayer Battles in Realms i.e. 3v3 6FFA
    Random Equipped Mode as a Custom Game Options (Same as how offline battles work)
    Let users create and submit maps
    Some Gold/XP (or other reward) for friendlies
    More match timings available for League Matches
    A competition for slower players to join
    Save offline replays for completed matches
    Named Marauders + Wizard King ally in realms
    Rematches following asynch games

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:28 am

• 9214 wrote:[!]: Daily Challenges with cycling modes instead of Duels bolted to Law mode

Events are being tested, should be their own thing, and Duel Mode is a success which under no circumstances should be scrapped.
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:21 pm

• Farious wrote:
    9214 wrote:[!]: Daily Challenges with cycling modes instead of Duels bolted to Law mode

Events are being tested, should be their own thing, and Duel Mode is a success which under no circumstances should be scrapped.

Frankly, I won't care if Snaps let us earn Crystalls in other modes. But IMO Duels should be either configurable (which is dumb because it's equal to ranking) or weekly changing. Why newbies should stick with Law mode in a first place? Let them choose what they want.

For now I really don't like how Duels with Law mode overshadow good ol' Chaos (especially in newcomers eyes).

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:28 pm

• some way of seeing which realm you are currently in
    Stitchy

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:00 am

• Improving the way the Realm's Ally option works is being looked at and something may be ready for August's patch. As ever, development stuff means such things are not cast in iron.

9214 wrote:Frankly, I won't care if Snaps let us earn Crystalls in other modes. But IMO Duels should be either configurable (which is dumb because it's equal to ranking) or weekly changing. Why newbies should stick with Law mode in a first place? Let them choose what they want. For now I really don't like how Duels with Law mode overshadow good ol' Chaos (especially in newcomers eyes).

Mate, no offence intended, but you can't have a thread that claims to 'represent the community's view' then dismiss any views that don't tally with your own. Having been approached twice off board to be part of the campaign to get Duel Mode & Law Mode ripped from the game I am frankly appalled by the attitude of certain players. The devs have worked their socks off to save the game and have done so by not taking any feature away from other players but the response has been completely negative from some. Frankly, if you don't like Duel & Law Mode then don't play those modes, but don't deny them to others. If players wanted to play Classic Chaos Mode matches they've had nearly a year to do so and have largely chosen not to.

Snapshot released this on Duel Mode:
    Snapshot wrote:Thanks to all our players, new and old, we have had a successful launch for our new Duel competition. If you have enjoyed playing the game please write a brief review on Steam. This helps to keep interest in the game alive and will attract new players. If you have written a review, consider updating. Many, many thanks for your support, from the entire Snapshot team. Good luck your games.

That's the last I'm saying on this matter in this thread. It's up to you if you change the request regarding Duel Mode to reflect that not everyone agrees with it or not.
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:14 am

• 9214 wrote:[!]: Daily Challenges with cycling modes instead of Duels bolted to Law mode

+1

My personal opinion.

The concept of pooling all players together is good, but I feel that snapshot could implement this a lot more effectively if the game mode which players are pooled into was regularly changed. Cycle through different game modes, and different match formats and you've got a reason for players to log in ever day. Whereas keeping this as a static Duel Equipped Law mode means that it becomes stale all too quickly.

I haven't played one of these Duel matches yet because despite them offering Forge Crystals the Equipped Law format just doesn't interest me, and for matter the turn times are too short.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:38 pm

• Farious wrote:if you don't like Duel & Law Mode then don't play those modes

I don't.

Farious wrote:don't deny them to others.

I don't.

TL;DR
    What we have: Duels = exclusively law mode + forge crystals exclusively for duels
    What we want: Duels = any mode (including law) + forge crystals for any of those modes (not only inside duels)

To clarify:
    What buzzes me and other players is that Equipped Law mode have EXCLUSIVE BIG SHINY GOLDEN BUTTON in a main screen aka Duel format; this aspect of the game (law mode) is given too much attention (while the rest of the game get overshadowed) and it's surprising that it shoved down into newcomers throats as "newbie-friendly".

CR is much-much more than Law mode, as Stitchy said somewhere, it has lots of modes and ways to play to appeal to everyone, and it's truly dismissive to promote only one fresh aspect of the game and overshadow the rest. We should show "the big picture" for new players, not to focus their attention on something specific, allow them to choose and simply have fun in any way they want. That's why I think we should have Daily Challenges format, and that's why I think Duels shouldn't be restricted to Law mode exclusively. I don't want them to be removed, I want them to be refined.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:04 am

• As a wizard I feel like I need more power... wizards always need more.
    George

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:24 am

• Adjustable Camera Zoom

I've always thought it should be possible to zoom out a little bit further than is currently possible.

...Incidentally I've only just noticed that you can zoom out a fraction more than the set default limit - if you click the 'next unit' icon, it centres on your wizard and also zooms out a touch (and stays there), nothing major, but it's a bit nearer the range at which I would prefer to view the board (using a top-down view)... the only downside seems to be that if you let the screen idle whilst studying a different area of the map it auto-centres back on your wizard.. so it's not ideal.. then I remembered this thread...

I like the idea of the zoom parameters being slightly greater, and adjustable, just to be able to find the optimal camera zoom level (based on player preference) in relation to the situation involved - to allow for a better all-round strategic view (in 4way/6way games and team formats).
    Mazy

PreviousNext

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information