Community driven Roadmap

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:22 pm

• I've thought it may be handy to sum up community members wishlists, so Snapshot devs will have clear picture of "what all those guys (and lady Arenji) want from us?!" :)

Feel free to through in your 2 cents and to vote for interesting proposals!

Legend:
    [!]: A feature which most of the community members willing to see.
    [~]: Confirmed, devs are working on that.
    [+]: Implemented!

WHISHLIST
    [~]: Async notifications (keep breathing, Stu!)
    [!]: Option to save game replay for match analysis and sharing
    [~]: Localisations and translations
    [~]: UI tweaking
    [~]: More ways to earn Forge Crystalls
    [~]: More Forge assets
    [~]: Classic mode customisations
    [!]: Allow us to queue for Invader AND Ally duties at the same time
    [+]: While in Realm, let us see simple checkmarks on equipment which we already have back in "Limbo storage"
    [~]: While in main MP menu, let us be available for an Ally duty with currently selected build. I.e. let us help anyone who request an Ally while not being in Realm quest ourselves
    [!]: Map editor and generator (both for Realm and PvP battles). This one could be the King or the other social rank privilege
    [~]: Refined Tutorials
    [!]: In game custom Tournaments/Leagues (with neat rewards ofc)
    [!]: Daily Challenges with cycling modes instead of Duels bolted to Law mode (or on a par with it)
    [!]: Hotkey to toggle in game UI on/off (for better screenshots)
    [!]: 8 players matches
    [!]: More async slots
    [!]: More spells, either from the original or implemented from scratch
    [!]: LoS ruler (a simple yellow line, you mark one hex and can drag it to any other hex to check LoS between them)
    [!]: Detailed in-game Spellopedia and Bestiary
    [!]: Adjustable camera zoom
    [!]: Rework 'Forge Test' aka battle with Mirrorious (allow us to choose specific talismans, to test it with law mode, to battle against random opponent)
    [!]: Allow us to customize wizard/bots equipment in offline battles (for now we're stucked with random gear for everyone)
    [!]: Have a unified queue for every possible mode
    [!]: Allow different gear for law and chaos modes when in queue for both
    [!]: An option to save different configurations for custom games (for quick set up and access)
    [!]: Allow to choose wizard gender (for real players and AI) in custom matches
    [!]: An option to choose Taboo for custom matches (No mount creatures, Law spells only, etc etc)
    [!]: An option to randomize turn order for custom matches
    [!]: Ability to tell base %/Damage amount for any creature vs another creature on board
    [!]: Battle log showing the % of attacks
    [!]: In-game mail notification for newcomers with handy tips, strategy suggestions, etc (it's important to keep feedback and to encourage them to stay longer and try different modes)
    [!]: Some way of seeing which realm you are currently in
    Last edited by 9214 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:10 pm

• You have "Allow us to queue for Invader AND Ally duties at the same time"; I'd like this to be part of matchmaker.
    Really all I want is to press a button that says "give me some PvP", law, chaos, equipped, classic, realms, I love all of it:)
    RafiRomero

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:30 pm

• My top 2:

8 player mode.
    Include the rest of the original spells.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:46 pm

• 9214 wrote:[!]: While in Realm, let us see simple checkmarks on equipment which we already have back in "Limbo storage"

Isn't that already implemented, though? I can remember seeing checkmarks next to talismans in townshops.
    » Happiness for everybody, free, and no one will go away unsatisfied! «
    Malgardian

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:43 pm

• 9214 wrote:WHISHLIST
    [!]: Async notifications (keep breathing, Stu!)
    [!]: Option to save game replay for match analysis and sharing
    [~]: Classic mode customisations
    [!]: Map editor and generator (both for Realm and PvP battles). This one could be the King or the other social rank privilege.

+1

[!]: In game custom tournaments/leagues
    [!]: hotkey to toggle in game UI on/off (for better screenshots)
    [!]: hotkey to toggle replay UI on/off (for better videos)
    [!]: increased timer at end of game. It's been increased to 10 minutes but the replay for a 4FFA is needed maybe 20 minutes or so. Why is there a timer? Let us watch the whole replay please!
    [!]: zoom out/in further
    [!]: more async slots :D
    Last edited by stubar on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    stubar

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:02 pm

• Malgardian wrote:
    9214 wrote:[!]: While in Realm, let us see simple checkmarks on equipment which we already have back in "Limbo storage"

Isn't that already implemented, though? I can remember seeing checkmarks next to talismans in townshops.

It was implemented last patch, I believe, which is great! I would still, however, like to be able to review my full inventory from inside a realm. I'm still keeping track of what staffs/bodygear I have manually outside the game.
    yovargas

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:23 am

• Hi,

I am prepared to Sticky this but only if someone else agrees to curate it and keep it up to date.

By this I mean I want someone to look at this thread once per week at a minimum and keep it up to date.

9214 I am looking at you here primarily but will accept any volunteer(s).

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:45 am

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:12 am

• 9214 wrote:I'm not sure if I'll be able to update this post on a daily basis, so, if anyone from moders whish to curate this list - feel free to copypaste everything in a separate thread under your regin. ;)

I'm a Realm mod not a Forum mod and my interest is more in the PvE so I only play PvP when asked or for fun so I don't think I'm in a position to curate this plus I am already curating a wishlist thread for Realms. Therefore unless someone else steps up to the plate I think you just volunteered yourself! :)

Here are my comments from the things on the list I have an opinion on etc.:-

9214 wrote:[!]: Option to save game replay for match analysis and sharing

Yep. Sounds good. Realm battles should also be able to be viewed from the Spectate menu even if purely for marketing reasons.

9214 wrote:[!]: More ways to earn Forge Crystalls

There are proposals for this, see my post above. They may appear in appear in August update, the beta for which may be available early than usual (about mid the month rather than the 20th). Of course everything subject to change but this should still probably be a [~] since Snapshot are working on solutions.

9214 wrote:[!]: Allow us to queue for Invader AND Ally duties at the same time

Yep. Should be a quick match option.

9214 wrote:[!]: While in Realm, let us see simple checkmarks on equipment which we already have back in "Limbo storage"

Already requested & delivered :)

9214 wrote:[!]: While in main MP menu, let us be available for an Ally duty with currently selected build. I.e. let us help anyone who request an Ally while not being in Realm quest ourselves.

Agree. If no human is available an On Duty AI Wizard Lord should be assigned instead.

9214 wrote:[!]: Map editor and generator (both for Realm and PvP battles). This one could be the King or the other social rank privilege.

Agree, great idea, and user generated battle maps could free up Snapshot's resources to enable them to create more Terrain styles (swamp, river etc). That said, I am speaking for myself and not the other Moderators who would likely have to check this. Some Realms can take a month to Moderate and it consumes a lot of volunteers time. But yeah, in principle, can't have enough battle maps imho.
    Farious

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:27 am

• SlipperyJim wrote: ... once per week at a minimum and keep it up to date.

No problem then, I'll check it from time to time.

Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information