Random seed maps for custom lobby games

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• Was playing some realms and was in awe witnessing and playing on some of the maps that rng generated. I find it a shame that you can't play with some of these in the custom lobby games as it'd open up gameplay variety considerably.

What i imagine is:
    Random Map Generation button with possible text box for seed # in case you find one you really dig. or if you could save a seed of a map you really enjoyed for future games.

I suppose what this would require is making a random map generator for 5-6 player games but perhaps it'd be worth it? :D
    anjovi

• The map generation code does not scale so well up to 5-6 player maps
    RafiRomero

• fair enough! It would make the most sense to postpone any such feature until all player counts could be accommodated.
    heres to hoping :lol:
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote:fair enough! It would make the most sense to postpone any such feature until all player counts could be accommodated.
    heres to hoping :lol:

not sure why asymmetric and non-asymmetric options can't be chosen. if symmetric is selected simply generate a fraction of the map equal to the number of players and then mirror it equal times to the number of players.
    stubar

• that could be a great work around. :D
    anjovi

• what if you had:

1-4 players: Random seeded maps (Realm Maps
    5-6 players: Random seeded maps (though instead of realm style maps the puzzle piece/symmetrical maps as suggested)

It wouldn't be that unintuitive as the difference between 1-4 and 5-6 is already quite obvious.

could be a nice addition for an update! :D
    anjovi

• Figured i'd give this a good bumping as it might make for an easy tweak. What if we met half way and simply allowed proc gen maps for 1-4 player matches? Having a little 'proc gen' button for 1-4 matches and just ignore the 5,6 player.

just some food for thought.
    anjovi

• Can't you just add in 'Procedural Generated' to the map options for 2-4 player maps. You don't need to replace the existing maps, just allow an extra choice.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

• exactly! thanks for the catch spite, i hadnt worded that right heh
    anjovi

• ideally, you could have a random map for each type say: on the list it looked like
    -Choose Random Map
    -Choose Random Seed Map
    -Choose Seed Mountains
    -Choose Seed Forest
    -Choose Seed Flux
    -Choose Seed Citadel
    etc....
    anjovi

Next

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information