Classic mode costumes

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:23 pm

• so not customable then

which was all that was ever asked and not rocking your equipped gear in classic mode. I guess it was just easier to do it that way when the forge became open to all as opposed to adding the classic robe model to the forge to be customable

so other players will see whatever equipped gear you are wearing and you will only ever see them in their equipped gear or will it be that if you turn it on all wizards will appear in classic gear?
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:31 pm

• I've just been frustrated that I have to wear a specific design aesthetic related to the type of armor I wear. I guess it makes some sense that crazy players (like all of you in this thread :) are reading the map and taking into account the assumptions based on robes etc that one can make. But, 1) I feel like some of those assumptions are not necessarily accurate (and it's more exact and also simple to click on players and read their stats) and MOST IMPORTANTLY: 2) My poor damn wizard just wants more control over his wardrobe. Aesthetically, he's into arcane, but functionally is usually dressed up in heroic and having to wear RED, which he feels endlessly awkward about. And this red cannot be downplayed at all, no matter what color choices you make in the forge, it's always red with a splash of whatever. And it's not just the color, but the fit. My wizard's robes look like they could walk away without him. Please don't let me die dressed in red.

-Aka
    larksleep

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

• With all due respect to you CGR and the Snaps team as I know you're all working your socks off on various stuff, this sounds like a bit of a lazy fix to an initially lazy implementation.

I know this will probably fall on deaf ears and that's fine dude :lol: but what if you could set a Classic Mode slot in the Equip menu, whereby you can choose from any of your equipment a design for Classic Mode, while giving all players the chance to equip the Classic Robe and Bodygear if they choose to? That way, those who want to go in looking like equipped can do so, while those who prefer the Classic garb can do that.
    MattyRasker

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:45 pm

• CGR wrote:I'm looking at adding an option to the cog menu "Display classic gear in classic games". It will default to off. It will only affect your own view of the game.

Nice one, that will keep things nice and tidy.. intuitive mode distinction.

..Have I mentioned my other idea of how to solve the problem of sometimes getting law mode confused with chaos mode? (insert 'kappa' emote here) :twisted:
    Mazy

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:53 pm

• CGR wrote:& Here is today's necro.

I'm looking at adding an option to the cog menu "Display classic gear in classic games". It will default to off. It will only affect your own view of the game.

This is great! It also preserves flexibility so peeps who like to customize their wizard in Classic Mode by using Equipped Mode equipment can continue doing so. Everyone wins! Yay!

NoWorries
    GOD

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:27 am

• This is a nice feature! For those who have all of those async games on the go in different game modes. I would go as far as suggesting a splash screen the 1st time you start a classic game, so players can see the distinction...although it's probably not that big of a deal.

it could be cool to have the classic robe available for other load outs as an option, even if it was just the hood. Have always liked that hood.

cool stuff.
    anjovi

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am

• non customable classic robes ....... those that only ever asked for this will not be happy

those that want classic robes back in classic games and dont care about them being customable will be happy

So if a player is in a classic game and they have their classic robes turned on and the other players click that players info, what will they see come up on the in the player info box? the player in their classic robes and staff? or the player in whatever equipped gear they have currently going on else where? What will they also see in the player icon box top left? what will they see by just clicking the players staff? If it is only visible on the players client machine then, it could get messy

(classic look off) Player - Hey, really love what you have done with your air staff, awesome colour scheme

(classic look on) Player - Errrrrrrrrr yeh, THANKS! wtf
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 pm

• gary wrote:(classic look off) Player - Hey, really love what you have done with your air staff, awesome colour scheme

(classic look on) Player - Errrrrrrrrr yeh, THANKS! wtf

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I've ever had a another wizard complement me on my staff. ;-)

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:29 pm

• I did, once at least, had to say "golden SAM" ;)
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka

PreviousNext

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information