Classic mode costumes

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:10 am

• How about a big sticker at the top of the screen that says ''Today you will be mostly playing Classic Mode'' ? ;-)
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:16 am

• Must admit I dont like seeing equipped gear in classic games. It just doenst look right.

Making the robes we were using in classic customable would be ideal in my opinion. Also the classic staff, as seeing a wizard with a undead staff for example just looks totally out of place given it has actually no effect in the game.

I know it is sounds illy but simple details like that can make so much difference to the feel of the game
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:38 am

• Conversely, as someone who plays almost exclusively Classic Mode games, I think it's a vast improvement over the generic-looking simulacra we were using before. It means that when I do spend time completing Realms, or doing the occasional Duel, and getting new and improved gear, it actually now means something to me in the mode that I play the most. It's like Fashion Souls, except in Chaos Reborn. (forgive the Dark Souls reference)

Of course I can see that it might not make total sense to have a whirly chaos staff animation when you only have a generic staff, but that's only going to be confusing to new players, perhaps.

The simplest solution is - of course - to have an on/off toggle in the options. Perhaps even turn it off as default, so that new players aren't confused by the inconsistencies, but please don't remove one of the actual concessions that's been made to Classic Mode that makes it more rewarding for we resilient few.
    krayzkrok

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:31 pm

• yup
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:30 am

• 40 asyncs, 20 classic, 20 equipped.. 2 distinct separate modes, yet they all look like equipped games.. it's beyond confusing.

Not only do the classic wizards look like equipped wizards, they look exactly like very specific load-outs (from our config list) which have designated talismans/megaspells/bodygear stats etc. It's just kind of natural to assume that is what you are using when you see it.

I'm even tuning in to async equipped games now and half wondering if i'm in a classic game. Just constantly second guessing which mode I'm actually playing (every turn!).

The biggest problem is constantly accepting the wizard armour looks on face value. It's probably just a bad habit but I keep assuming that the heroics can punch and the vigilants can soak up attacks etc ..the classic staff image in the bottom hand corner isn't leaping out at me yet and telling me otherwise (coz I'm stupid)..

..and it's still not very natural to click on the wizard info icons every turn to confirm (or double check) their actual stats... In fact when I do click on them it just throws me off even more because I've probably already played half the turn thinking it was equipped anyway.. or classic, no wait it is equipped, no it's classic!... help, I'm a confused boy haha
    Mazy

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:41 am

• krayzkrok wrote:The simplest solution is - of course - to have an on/off toggle in the options. Perhaps even turn it off as default, so that new players aren't confused by the inconsistencies, but please don't remove one of the actual concessions that's been made to Classic Mode that makes it more rewarding for we resilient few.

+1

Whatever happens, please don't remove it! Just add an option so that locally the custom looks are seen or not see.
    stubar

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:22 am

• The fact that it just takes the model of your current "Equipped" load out and uses that in Classic Mode I find to be a lazy fix but I can understand why the players who only play Classic Mode like it.

An idea - have a slot in list of Equipment Configurations called "Classic", and there you can forge whatever gear you like to use for Classic Mode, including the use of the Classic Staff and Robes because to be honest, I thought they looked great.
    MattyRasker

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:48 pm

• Maybe you coiuld give all equipped wizards the same colour vestments, but give them different staff designs.

And let classic wizards have a variety of colours, but the same staff.

SpiteAndMalice

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:49 pm

• stubar wrote:
    krayzkrok wrote:The simplest solution is - of course - to have an on/off toggle in the options. Perhaps even turn it off as default, so that new players aren't confused by the inconsistencies, but please don't remove one of the actual concessions that's been made to Classic Mode that makes it more rewarding for we resilient few.

+1

Whatever happens, please don't remove it! Just add an option so that locally the custom looks are seen or not see.

+1 or this.

SpiteAndMalice

PreviousNext

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information