Staff of Chaos

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
RafiRomero

Staff of Chaos

Post by RafiRomero » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:21 am

I was going to talk about Staff of Chaos being underpowered for the mana cost, but then I figured at least you don't need to buff the goblins to make them real, and then I realised that,, unless there is going to be a Staff of Blob, then chaos staff should have some kind of mega blob, not to rebalance or whatever, but because that would be awesome:)
Just topped up my phone btw, posts everywhere!

Ped209

Re: Staff of Chaos

Post by Ped209 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 am

haha, yeah there were a few mega spells that I thought 'Awesome!' for and a few I thought 'aaaaah, I hoped it would be xx'

I like the Shadow Forest for the Staff of Growths, but as soon as I saw the staff I just though MEGA BLOB!!! maybe it could be on the Chaos staff though.

When I saw the Chaos Staff had Goblin horde I assumed the Law one would be 3 Dwarfs which would've been a bit lame (and never used), the elves are much better but seems unfair on the chaos staff. The 3 elves are also used for the staff of shooters so it might be nice if the staff of law was changed to along the line.

There are some staffs though where the double boost chance doesn't really seem to come into play and others where the mega spell doesn't really seem an attractive option.

The staff of zzzap for example, all but the triple magic attacks are easy to cast anyway so you're nearly always gonna save for the mega spell (or use to boost other spells which kind of makes the actual staff powers irrelevant).

dragon staff does seem hugely overpowered, having a pretty low cost to get the mega spell and a huge boost to all spells and double boost to dragons.

but this is the first outing of the staffs so no don't they will be adjusted in the coming builds
Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk

RafiRomero

Post by RafiRomero » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

With dragon staff, you still need to burn mana to get the dragons to be real, of course, so it is the initial mega spell cost + maybe 60 extra mana to make them real. But yeah, when you get to 120 mana (I did in last night's four-way), 3 dragons is going to be pretty hard to beat.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:55 am

Just for the record, a Staff of Chaos is one of the more powerful staves. For every 1 mana point you spend, you can get a +2% chance to cast any Chaos spell. With that sort of bonus, who needs to bother summoning a Goblin Squad? ;)

RafiRomero

Post by RafiRomero » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:47 am

Is that more percentage per mana than other staffs?

Ped209

Post by Ped209 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:06 am

all staffs have a 1%/2% increase just for different spells, the do have different maximum boost mounts though. dragon for example is +30/+60 (+60 being only for dragons)

law staff - all law spells
neutral staff - all neutral spells

possibly the least useful double boost is staff of growths, blob/vines/shadow wood all have a pretty good chance of cast to begin with.

I think one of my personal favourites is the staff of speed - all creatures with 3+ movement including flying, that includes some powerful creatures/mounts (spider/manticore/dragon/unicorn/peg/centaur/vampire/lion + more)
Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk

Xarrion
DEMIGOD

Post by Xarrion » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Nah, any true Chaos staff should cast Turmoil :D