Make it easier to see creatures trapped in Crystal Wall.

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• I don't know if it's just me, but I have a real hard time spotting whether crystal walls have a creature trapped inside them or not.

A few ways that it might be possible to make things easier to see:

A) Make crystal wall more translucent so you can actually see the creature trapped inside of it.
    B) Change the colour shading of crystal wall to indicate when there is a creature trapped inside of it. (Maybe change by creature type, or to colour of the player who owns that creature).
    C) In someway animate the crystal wall to show when it has a creature in it (which doesn't really fit with a crystal wall)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Something of this nature would probably be a good feature, since I have made the mistake of dispelling crystal walls hoping to move a creature there only to see a surprise skeleton pop out and ruin my plan...
    ////// T S U R T //////
    /// I ///////////// E ///
    /// N //////////// W //
    //// RECURRENCE //
    Obsilium

• imo its ok, click wall, small mini graphic, click that ect.. I could imagine it being a better system but thats the same for everything, maybe a toggle button to see where your things are.

Obs please go to general chat and comment on the odds do not stack thread if and when you have the time, thanks, miss you xx
    Doofus

• get rid of the spell. job done
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• gary wrote:get rid of the spell. job done

i couldnt agree more

(well actually i can but it would exceed the limits of decency)
    Stitchy

• Stitchry wrote:
    gary wrote:get rid of the spell. job done

i couldnt agree more https://www.grosseteste.com/bathmate-review-results because bathmate is the best.

(well actually i can but it would exceed the limits of decency)

It's a good idea as they can sometimes be hard to spot.
    Last edited by Rocky2 on Fri May 05, 2017 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Rocky2

• If you click on the Wall itself and see if the crystal icon pops up, you can tell if any of the hexes have a creature trapped inside the Wall. The system is a bit clunky, but it works for figuring out which Wall hexes have creatures trapped in them. 8-)

Unfortunately, the one thing that IS hard to tell is which player owns the creature. I know there is a colored ring for the Wall, and another colored ring for the creature, but this can be hard to discern, especially in 4 or 6 player matches... I'd like to see a little icon on the panel of the unit (like Undead Slayer, Ranged Attack, etc) or perhaps different colored lettering throughout the panel. That way, when you see a creature trapped in blob or wall you can instantly know who owns it by clicking on it.

Also, this is slightly off-topic, but I've always found the royal blue color for an enemy player is too similar to the teal color of my own creatures. This only applies to matches with 4+ players, but it can be kind of confusing at times. Maybe if the color was changed to orange or yellow, it might be easier to differentiate? :idea:
    hotcarl

• hotcarl wrote:Also, this is slightly off-topic, but I've always found the royal blue color for an enemy player is too similar to the teal color of my own creatures. This only applies to matches with 4+ players, but it can be kind of confusing at times. Maybe if the color was changed to orange or yellow, it might be easier to differentiate? :idea:

Totally, the colour scheme used to distinguish teammates from enemies still bugs me (in 3v3), there's still something slightly awkward about it.. Although the blues are a bit more distinguishable now I've noticed that in team formats (3v3) your team will have one of the blue toned avatars and the opposing team will have the other.. yet your teammates will share either the two orange toned avatars or the two green toned avatars.. meaning it's blue+green versus blue+orange.. so sometimes similar colours means enemies and sometimes similar colours means teammates.

I also agree that the creature info boxes should have some kind of indication or colour coding to be able to discern which wizard it belongs to.. In 6ways when the similar colour creature avatars get bunched together it's hard to tell them apart (specially when there are 2 different puddles of blob in the same zone).. you need to know who the creatures belong to (and whether they are friend or foe) so that you can work out which ones are the next to act in the order or turns.

...Classic mode wizards wearing equipped gear is still problematic to ..it's just disorientating if you regularly switch between playing either mode yet they both look like the same mode (equipped mode)... staff types/bodygear types represent certain traits which you take at face value.. Imagine if all chaos mode units had HP bars that didn't actually apply because they only apply in the other mode (law mode), it's the same kinda thing.
    Mazy

• hotcarl wrote:If you click on the Wall itself and see if the crystal icon pops up, you can tell if any of the hexes have a creature trapped inside the Wall. The system is a bit clunky, but it works for figuring out which Wall hexes have creatures trapped in them. 8-)

It's not the best though is it? I'm playing 20-40 asynch games usually, and on average my turn comes around in any given game once every few days. It's not a lot of fun clicking my way through every hex with Crystal Wall (or worse Crystal Maze) on it just in case there might be a creature trapped in one its tiles.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information