Time outs are an issue.

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:07 am

• I don't know how much the Xmas holidays have had an effect on this, but I'm seeing a lot of matches at the moment where players are timing out, and not just one player who starts the match and then goes AWOL from the game as a whole.

This is happening in 10 day games, and to a lesser extent 20 and 30 day games also.

It's quite a frustration to time out in the last few turns of a match when you've put effort and energy into it. At the same time, winning via a timeout feels like a hollow victory.

1) Could an 'extend time limit' button be added to the game, whereby a player can propose an extention to a match, and that extention is granted if all players who are still alive in the match agree to it? I know this has been suggested before, is it feasable?

2) Could a 15 day time limit be added as an option? In general, 10 days can be a little bit tight as a time limit.

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:41 pm

• Yes, I agree... I think a couple more options for the timer would be good.
    We have options for 10 or 20 days, or one turn every 2 days.
    Couldn't it be one turn a week, for example? Or one every X days, not only two.

In my opinion, the jumps are too large between 48 hour turns, 10 day total, a month total, and unlimited.
    clef

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:24 am

• I agree that time-outs are a problem. I just want to add that:

(1) There does not seem to be a quick way of determining how much time you have remaining in a game, and there is no warning (e.g., an optional email) that your time is low.

(2) I've played several custom games which have timed out even though I could have sworn that there was much more time remaining.
    alterum

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information