Woohoo! Localization is coming to!

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:38 am

• https://twitter.com/chaosgonerogue/stat ... 4564866049

Thought it'd be worth sharing, for anyone checking up on things. I didn't expect realm dialogues to make it into the localization update, though here it is! Great job CGR! Just wanted to give you a shout out. :D
    anjovi

• I'm always happy to receive some love:)

Everything from Snapshot should be localized (offline realms, realm editor, all aspects of play).
    I'm looking at at least providing some means of "fansubbing" online realms.
    None of this has been past the rest of the team yet, however (that said, it is all implemented - I'm embarking upon a long voyage of testing now).
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

• CGR wrote:I'm looking at at least providing some means of "fansubbing" online realms.
    None of this has been past the rest of the team yet, however (that said, it is all implemented - I'm embarking upon a long voyage of testing now).

Excellent idea, I suppose online realms are a little bit like mods in that they feature player created content, mostly text/dialog.. and modders do tend to get the text in their mods translated (and verified) by the playing community/fans.

I'm sure Snapshot will like whatever realm localization project you're testing.. if it is anything like what these two games implemented (see below) it will be a success!

http://babel.thiswarofmine.com/
    https://www.transifex.com/openxcom/openxcom/

Is Chinese part of the overall localization project? ..if not, maybe the community based translator could be used to translate the rest of the game into whatever languages are missing and then maybe players from places like China etc will start dropping by in huge numbers..

..I base this purely on the fact that I recently saw a game announce Chinese localization and the thread blew up with thank you's and players saying it would enable them to get the game.
    Mazy

• Yep, CGR's work is utterly amazing, as ever. For me, I can only see fansubbing online Realms working if they were resubmitted as a separate entity & moderated again by someone who speaks that language or if Snapshot removes the requirement for Realms not to contain offensive material - it would be somewhat pointless, imho, me sending Realms back for containing offensive language if someone then does a fansub in German, for instance, that's littered with vulgarity.

Farious
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

• You could look to the hopefully expanded plaeyer base and try to get realm mods for each supported language:

When a realm is created, the mod who speaks that language does the initial overall check of the realm.

When that realm is translated into other languages, the mods who speak those language only need to check the translation.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

• Having the realm tools localized will be a great start! I'm sure someone could figure out some neat stuff to do with the realm tools yet. :D
    anjovi

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information