More AI options for Custom Games

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:11 pm

  • It'd make for a lot of fun when making the AI a part of a custom game you could chose the AI Wizards' genders and equipment in the same way that you can setup Wizard Lords and Kings within realms.

    (Leaving in the current random setup too of course)
    Image

    The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

    - Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    User avatar
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD
     
    Posts: 6022
    Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
    Location: UK

Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:36 pm

  • +1

    I agree and think this is very good idea.

    In the original chaos you would chose the colour and pose of your customised wizard
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    User avatar
    Grythandril
     
    Posts: 347
    Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 am

  • Another addition i'd like to see in some form is to be able to load out the AI's with custom equipment.
    I think a great way to add some value to the offline players would be able to incorporate the loot collection from offline realms into the customization of the game.

    I'd add some sort of forge that you could unlock by doing realms, and offline battles (or some kind of offline duels) and just add the functionality from online to the offline mode.

    Then when you load up AI's, you could choose a pre created load out for each. The look and all.

    And vice versa, if you could add the "random gear" mode to the online custom games as a game mode, that'd be sweet :D

    I'd just slap a forge and a Duel mode button to the offline campaign menu (along with the realms) the rest of the GUI would be the exact same as online.

    For chaos, the battles themselves are the game's biggest strength. This is the aspect were the pacing of the game are fine tuned to keep folks interested. The strategic value from the gameplay and how battles work as opposed to realms which are really hit or miss....and don't really have any sort of pacing/flow at all to be honest...apart from the narrative aspect)

    Also keeping in mind the localization update and how much bang setting up battles vs AI is going to get VS counting on realm gameplay (as none english reading players will only really have the offline realms that are readily accessible...assuming that is even able to be put in place given snapshot resources) This is assuming some sort of gameplay overhaul wasn't put into place for realms.

    Just some random thoughts.
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1406
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:49 am

  • Bump - This would be a nice add to the things that we're able to do with Demi God Custom Games.
    Image

    The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

    - Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    User avatar
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD
     
    Posts: 6022
    Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
    Location: UK

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:18 am

  • Feel we need to be realistic with wish lists.

    While a lot of ideas posted are good and we would all love to see more things in the game, we need to wait and see if the free keys is going to yield a bigger and consistant player base as without that there would be no point in wasting development time on things people would like but may not help with player numbers.

    The expansion of the custom game screen is in its first stages and there is a lot of work needing to be done to it to make it the fun tool it has the potential to be. Personally, adding more things to the DG/custom game option screen at this stage would just make it even more cluttered and not very clear than it already is.

    We need to focus on what is there and what works or doesnt work and what simple achievable things can make it better. Once its up and runnning and functioning well and most importantly contributing to a heathly and happy player base then maybe things can be expanded.

    Also at the end of the day every player should be able to create a custom game of their pleasing and the only difference between that and what a DG or God can do is the ability to give out rewards, which I think is how it is at the moment as people below those tiers still see everything but can't set rewards. So lets see how it all shakes out as at the moment the links between custom games,god/dg stuff, duels and guilds and how these all tie together is very unclear and once it is clear, if it will be a thing that envigorates and excites the currently small player base as well as any new players coming in to the game.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    User avatar
    gary
    DEMIGOD
     
    Posts: 1211
    Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 pm

  • gary wrote:Feel we need to be realistic with wish lists.

    While a lot of ideas posted are good and we would all love to see more things in the game, we need to wait and see if the free keys is going to yield a bigger and consistant player base as without that there would be no point in wasting development time on things people would like but may not help with player numbers.


    The assets for gender and equipment types already exist. As does the option to select them whilst setting up AI Wizard Lords in realm. I'm happy to be corrected on this if I'm wrong, but I don't imagine there's a great deal of dev time needed to migrate those options to custom matches.

    gary wrote:The expansion of the custom game screen is in its first stages and there is a lot of work needing to be done to it to make it the fun tool it has the potential to be. Personally, adding more things to the DG/custom game option screen at this stage would just make it even more cluttered and not very clear than it already is.


    The screen is cluttered and hopefully being tidied up before release. That should be the priority, but that's also why I bumped this now rather than after release where I'd be saying, 'okay it looks good, but how about doing x to mess it up again.' I think for me now is the propose potential feature and let the devs choose what to go with.

    I'd personally prefer to select spells or loadouts than set multiple taboos, it might be that a UI working that way is smoother.

    Gender choice is a simple thing which can easily be overlooked as a factor in player retention (not only for Chaos, but within gaming in general).

    gary wrote:We need to focus on what is there and what works or doesnt work and what simple achievable things can make it better. Once its up and runnning and functioning well and most importantly contributing to a heathly and happy player base then maybe things can be expanded.


    For me this is chicken or the egg. Current game modes don't retain players because they are less than what they could be. With custom games there's a chance to implement something properly in a way that may then retain players.

    gary wrote:Also at the end of the day every player should be able to create a custom game of their pleasing and the only difference between that and what a DG or God can do is the ability to give out rewards, which I think is how it is at the moment as people below those tiers still see everything but can't set rewards. So lets see how it all shakes out as at the moment the links between custom games,god/dg stuff, duels and guilds and how these all tie together is very unclear and once it is clear, if it will be a thing that envigorates and excites the currently small player base as well as any new players coming in to the game.


    I'm with you on this, I think this feature only being available to demi gods could well be its biggest achilles heel. The other is that challenges can only be made live. We might end up seeing excess supply of challenges initially, followed by too few after the first couple of weeks.
    Image

    The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

    - Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    User avatar
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD
     
    Posts: 6022
    Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
    Location: UK

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:16 pm

  • My ideal is:

    Custom options for games = open for all users
    Rewards for teams = only demi gods

    *Extra functionality
    -Have persistent challenges that demi gods don't have to be in the lobby for.

    Kings can make realms which are user made content, for players PVE and PVP to enjoy. Giving the demi gods the ability to make challenges for other players to play could be the coolest thing.

    Simply:
    1)Demi God opens custom game
    2)They set all of the options (maybe write some flavor text and a good guide for players joining the lobby)
    3)Set all of the objectives/rewards/etc
    4)Have the option to make the custom lobby persistent, through a button.

    What does persistent mean?
    -The demi god can leave the lobby
    -Once players have all joined and started a game (which happens automatically) The lobby game starts
    -Once the game is finished, distribute the rewards and place the lobby back up on the custom menu for more to join

    *Once a demi god challenge is played, all players who took part, do not see this game on the menu.

    Boom! you've now got a user generated content system akin to realms mode, though with considerably less work, and you can still let everyone have access to the custom rules for games. :D
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1406
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am



Return to Gameplay Discussion




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest