Things the AI still doesn't recongnise

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• Complicated also by the fact that such magic attacks can make sense in Chaos Mode as opposed to Law mode.

yeah Baldr, exactly. which may be obvious on some level, but the 2 modes are played differently, and require different responses.

-aka
    Aka

• I guess in my mind i see it best as a line of logic that could be applied as some kind of programming. There are differences but also similarities. Trying to find what similar things you can and adding exceptions on whichever mode makes the most sense might be a neat way to approach it.
    anjovi

• larksleep wrote:
    Complicated also by the fact that such magic attacks can make sense in Chaos Mode as opposed to Law mode.

yeah Baldr, exactly. which may be obvious on some level, but the 2 modes are played differently, and require different responses.

-aka

We've actually got 4 modes if you include the equipped varients as well as the base classic modes.

Player number can affect things, a 6FFA or a 3v3 calls for different strategy.

Games with no turn limits can also be approached differently than those with a turn count when it comes to thing like burn and boost.

VPs on or off can also affect things, especially in the final turns of a game.

And then there's the actual map itself. The AI seems to struggle with holes (Mana Piscine/Over the Hollow Hill) and unpassble terrain (Techstatic).

So there's actually dozens of varients and it must be a nightmare to programme. Snapshot truly are magicians as far as that concern goes.

Somethings though, like leaving rats next to zombies, are universally 'derp moves'.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• I suppose that's why my imagination went more towards the broad strokes. I imagine the AI has alot of abstract logic, that wouldn't make sense to us, but allows it to operate on a 'good enough' level.

Nothing really more for me to add. Still would be curious about how the AI functions, though that's probably pretty precious info for snapshot xD
    anjovi

Previous

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information