The Future of Gold

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:07 pm

• Are there any plans to make gold actually worth while?

As it stand, it is pretty worthless.

There was a newish player to the game already saying that there needs to be an increased role for it because: he has all the talismans and because of the forge he doesn't need to spend it on gear.

I do see his point as it doesnt take long for gold to just be a number on the screen. I know the only thing i spend it on is realm entry. There is epic gear, which is too cheap but too much for just a cosmetic look and yes you can turn gold in to crystals but then you can earn crystals from duels. So really gold is just nothing. And for newish players in the game to suss this out so quickly, tells me that this isnt ideal
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 pm

• I just wish I could earn some... unfortunately you get nothing for playing custom matches, so from a totally different perspective gold is meaningless to me too.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:17 pm

• I think i'd just remove the crystal reward from duel mode. And maybe tweak the gold to crystal conversion so that it isn't so brutal.

might be overlooking something but it sounds right to me atm heh
    anjovi

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 pm

• yeah, the economy is a bust. too many forms and not much to spend it on. -Aka
    Aka

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am

• Makes sense that in a dystopic multiverse of magical realms that a currency of magic is more meaningful than a currency of minerals. E.g., make Forge Crystals the basic currency. In so doing, convert all existing gold in to Forge Crystals. Voila.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:18 am

• gold could possibly just be left to the realm exploration. You could leave the fabric of the realm campaigns untouched, while leaving the crystals as the one currency that you actually spend on booster packs, epic gear and forge stuff.

Just have a conversion at the end of the realm that turns any leftover gold into crystals. Karma could be kept to allow players the ability to choose whether to cash them in for more crystals or exp level. (perhaps retheme exp to something like influence or what have you)

That said, i'm thinking that toning down duel mode rewards could work out.
    anjovi

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:53 am

• you can already convert gold in to crystals though.
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:13 pm

• Regarding the balance of rewards, in Duel mode in particular (crystals, forging etc).. Just to give an idea of how big the margin is between earning crystals (and gold) in Duel compared to earning it in other formats...

In the time it takes to earn around 1000 crystals via the 'non Duel path' you can earn around 4 times that by playing mostly Duels..

The non Duel method requires doing a lot of allying/invading and converting All of your winnings (gold and karma) into crystals to buy forges (around 20 forges)...

In the same amount of time, if you take the 'Duel path', you can earn thousands of crystals (approx 4000) and that's without exchanging any of your winnings (gold) for crystals, so you will still have thousands in gold (which you can exchange to receive yet more crystals)..

I'm not sure exactly how many forges that buys, 60+ maybe? way more if you convert all the gold to.

I understand the idea behind incentivising Duel by making the rewards higher but it's a rather heavy bias towards one format.
    Mazy

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:37 pm

• you know you dont need that many forges yeah :)
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:48 pm

• How many times quicker is it to earn gold from Duels vs Custom games?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information