Option to avoid facing the same player/loadout in async

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• Just a thought, Async seems to be were alot of the games are at, but I found myself rebounding off of it. This was mainly because I'd always be facing the same player with the same load out.
    Perhaps if there was some kind of way to facilitate this without, having to log in at different hours of the day (which sometimes dind't work as far as i remember)

perhaps a button for async that:
    1)Turn on a filter to not face same player
    2)Turn on a filter to not face the same load out

even if only 2 was addressed, it'd probably be a big help in enjoying that mode.
    IT's just a bit of a turn off when you have 5+ games with substantially smaller variance.
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote:
    2)Turn on a filter to not face the same load out

Play classic ;-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• For now, if you avoid starting too many games in one go, you'll get a better spread of opponents.
    You can also untick stuff.
    I was getting a lot of duels, so now I start a few "everything" games ,then untick 1v1 and start a few of those too.

Perhaps some "select a random loadout from my list of loadouts" option would work, if it was popular.
    RafiRomero

• When I gear up in async, I try to keep only about 4 open requests of a type at a time. It can take a long while to fill up all of your game slots this way, but once you do fill them up it becomes easier.

NoWorries
    GOD

• There's been requests made on the forums a few times for a random equipped mode (similar to how offline multiplayer works).

@Rafi - Do you know if it would be possible to make this an option for online multiplayer? Even if not competitively, could it be an option for custom games?

@Anjovi - Would this give you what you are looking for?

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• +100000 players is the only option that really works
    Stitchy

• RafiRomero wrote:Perhaps some "select a random loadout from my list of loadouts" option would work, if it was popular.

Config roulette would be awesome!

The option to pick a random load-out from your inventory would be great. The button could just say 'Random' in your drop-down config list.

I love the idea of that kind of decision being taken away from me occasionally, so I can be pleasantly surprised each game and constantly mix up playing styles and tactics from game to game.

The 'random' selections chosen would still be ones which the player has designed, this would be great, it would mean that staff/bodygear selection could be semi-random in the same way that drawing cards is semi-random (spells).

It sounds like something that could be easily applied to custom lobbies (and before entering a realm) ..But I wonder if it could also be applied to league competition to (ranked/equipped), mostly to spice things up. I think this would make competition more varied and balanced (diverse meta-game).

The idea being that a semi-random format would test a players all round ability rather than a reliance on a single build or play-style, a one load-out season can get stale for the user and their opponents..

..If a mechanic to encourage more variety is needed, perhaps in order to qualify to compete in a season you should submit a list of at least 5 different load-outs which are randomly picked pre-game in the matchmaker (in the same way that the matchmaker allocates a random mega-spell in Classic).. Semi-random is the future!
    Mazy

• Mazy wrote:
    ..If a mechanic to encourage more variety is needed, perhaps in order to qualify to compete in a season you should submit a list of at least 5 different load-outs which are randomly picked pre-game in the matchmaker (in the same way that the matchmaker allocates a random mega-spell in Classic).. Semi-random is the future!

I can see why you're suggesting that, but you're making barriers to entry there. It takes a new player a fair while to be able to make 1 load out, never mind 5.

Also how would you handle loadouts that change just one talisman? If someone is Min/Maxing they're going to try play their optimum load-out against random opposition.

Not saying there's not a way to work around this, but I figure it's better to ask this now, than once a random competition gets underway.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• These all sounds like interesting ideas. Random equip would be allaround welcome, even if it's just for custom lobby.
    I think having a random loadout option could be pretty neat, even if the random loadout was comprised of talisman, gear that you have.....Though i can see how that could get a bit complicated on the coding side of things xD
    anjovi

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information