The Random Update? (+localization)

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:58 pm

  • Playing the game after fairly long break, and considering the focus of man power on the pheonix point game...I wonder if:
    Alongside the localization, it might be a good idea to add small tweaks that up the replayability of the game.

    If you were able to add a bunch of small tweaks to the game in the form of:
    -Random map seeds whenever you enter a realm (to make the realms more replayable)
    -Random turn order in custom games (to make us all :D)
    -Randomized marauders in realms (to decrease monotony of them)
    -Option to use random map seeds for each map type in 1-4 player custom games (to combat staleness of existing maps)
    -Adding random equipped mode as in option in custom games (cuz it's available in offline battles....xD)
    -Random Equipped Staff (So players who like the randomness of classic have a means of engaging with equipped playerbase and realms)
    -More names for the wizard name bank, perhaps even some name generator for mercs you buy from the town...kk this last one is going a little into my bias...heh

    Think i'm forgetting stuff but, just general tweaks that might be allowable to add replayability to the game in general.

    Your releasing a localized version of the game to different nationalities, I wonder if some tweaks like this might greaten their initial impression of the game?
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1305
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am


  • anjovi wrote:Playing the game after fairly long break, and considering the focus of man power on the pheonix point game...I wonder if:
    Alongside the localization, it might be a good idea to add small tweaks that up the replayability of the game.

    If you were able to add a bunch of small tweaks to the game in the form of:

    Random map seeds whenever you enter a realm (to make the realms more replayable)


    +1 This would be a nice feature

    anjovi wrote:-Random turn order in custom games (to make us all :D)


    +1 This is one of the biggest holes in the game at the moment imho

    anjovi wrote:-Randomized marauders in realms (to decrease monotony of them)


    +1 (and/or an option to turn them off)

    anjovi wrote:-Option to use random map seeds for each map type in 1-4 player custom games (to combat staleness of existing maps)


    +1 and likewise a seed for 5-6 player games... Or just more maps

    anjovi wrote:-Adding random equipped mode as in option in custom games (cuz it's available in offline battles....xD)


    +1 This is another hole in the game.

    anjovi wrote:-Random Equipped Staff (So players who like the randomness of classic have a means of engaging with equipped playerbase and realms)


    Personally I would only use it against an opponent who was also using random gear.

    For realms I'd still much prefer playing classic vs classic.

    anjovi wrote:-More names for the wizard name bank, perhaps even some name generator for mercs you buy from the town...kk this last one is going a little into my bias...heh


    +1 to both
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image

    Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    User avatar
    SpiteAndMalice
     
    Posts: 5852
    Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
    Location: UK


  • Good list..

    Seeing as some of the requests/suggestions are for various things to be restored (randomized starting orders etc.) I would add the restoration of the original 1v1 maps to the list (last ditch appeal!).

    The design, shape and size of the 1v1 maps (pre-Duel mode) were perfect..

    ..Perhaps all that needs to happen to get them back in the game is for the reworked shrunken 1v1 maps to remain exclusive to Duel mode (keeping its status as the 'speed format') and the original 1v1 maps can be restored in all other formats.
    User avatar
    Mazy
     
    Posts: 1637
    Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:24 pm
    Location: UK


  • I totally agree! I think the new maps do have a negative effect on chaos mode.
    It might just be me, but i feel like alot of the speed/flyer/ 4 range bolt loadouts have a bit of an emphasis in the game as it is.

    The early game casts can really put you in a bad place, while before, the map design seemed to really mitigate that. Giving you a chance to recoup and get your stuff going if your early turn goblins, rats mess up, while their elves and pegasus mounts come out.

    In other words, with the old maps the beginning game more just sets the tone for the mid and late game. While the new ones can really make a loss a little more certain from the beginning.

    If your really set on the smaller maps staying, instead of having them as 'duel' maps, I'd have them as 'law' maps (for duel and league, while the bigger maps can be there for 'chaos duel/league)

    Could just be me.
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1305
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am


  • anjovi wrote:
    Could just be me.


    It's definitely not just you ;-)

    I've stopped playing duels completely since the map changes.
    Image

    Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    User avatar
    SpiteAndMalice
     
    Posts: 5852
    Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
    Location: UK


  • good to know :D, at least I can have more confidence in touting the thought of this map change.
    I really think that the map layout for law and chaos needs to be divided.

    Could quite possibly be the small tweak, that really balances out either game mode. As opposed to tinkering with all of the individual stats of spells.

    Kind of concerning that the devs haven't really responded to any query about the maps. I'm assuming it's a design that's intended, and that they might be set on for whatever reason.

    I really don't mind the small maps for law mode, but it's really hindering the chaos gameplay as far as i know. (though if it came to either or for either mode, i'd strongly favor the original/larger maps)
    anjovi
     
    Posts: 1305
    Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am



Return to Current Version Discussion




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest