Demo version

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 pm

• I am a new player. Have been playing with the demo version for couple of days and absolutely loved it. So I decided to buy the full game which is very different -probably a newer version- and I hate it.

In the demo version your creatures under attack had two choice: avoid hit or die. In the new version they''ve got health. + you can't spell a real creature unless you have enough mana. I have just playing with this for half an hour but hate it already. I think the game is unique as it was. Now it's just another turn based game.

Is there any way I can get the CD key for the old version?
    WanderD

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:13 pm

• there are two modes to the game

Law Mode and Chaos Mode

Law mode is the one you are describing with health points and mana for spells

The other mode, Chaos mode, is the one you played and loved in the demo, with RNG, illusion etc

You just need to make sure you are playing chaos mode.

you can select this mode for duels and realm play

Dont despair, the Chaos you love is still there to enjoy.

If you ever want to play MP, just give a few of us a shout and we will be happy to
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:45 pm

• WanderD wrote: I think the game is unique as it was. Now it's just another turn based game.

My sentiments exactly - Law mode is the devil's work. ;-)

Like Gary says though, switch back over to Chaos more and all will be well (Though it really ought to be the default)

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:16 pm

• Thanks guys for the info. Really appreciated.

By the way, after a while playing in the law mode I kind of got used to it. It is not bad at all but definitely chaos mode more challenging (sometimes annoying. Really really annoying!!!) But it's a very unique game I believe.

As I said, I am new to this game just started playing the full version today and need more info. Could you direct me to the right place please to learn the basics (or if you want you can write down your thoughts) like What should I focus on? How to earn and spend coins wisely? And.....I don't even know what the currency is in the game!!!
    How to keep my progress? What to do and what to avoid? You know, some tips and tricks from advanced players for newbies.

cheers
    WanderD

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 pm

• Hi WanderD, welcome to the game.

I would just say get stuck in, gold can be easily enough earned in realms, maybe hold off using forge crystals until you have tried a few builds.
    Personally I think classic Chaos is where the game really shines.

Tactically here are five basic rules:

1-Stay out of bolt range! In fact try to avoid attacks on your wizard at all costs, let your spells to the work, unless playing some battle build wizard.

2-Mounts are good.

3-Casting is a skill, when to cast a fail for the mana, when to cast illusions, when to boost and when to push allignment. This will come to you organically.

4-Stay out of bolt range!

5-Positioning lke in chess is vital, always try to get first attack, control the map and push when you can.

Bonus tip-Kill the other wizard, sounds obvious but easy to get caught up in mana collection or mini battles.
    ustolemytiger

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:05 am

• Thank you for your reply and advice.

Have a nice day!!!
    WanderD

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information