Demi God WIP *via CGR twitter*

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:01 pm

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9r2AxsXYAAL1dI.jpg:large

Lot's of stuff to talk about here!

Just saw this, not much to add right now, but i can see how stuff from this system could bleed over to other parts of the game.
    Only thing i can suggest is:

Have a point system that a demi-god spends when making challenges. The more challenging they make it, the higher the reward that players get for beating it.

Another could be to have a sort of daily challenge made out of these. You have one shot to beat them, and it can either include or not include players...another place were invaders can jump in and add to the stakes.
    anjovi

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:05 am

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:18 am

• lvl 100 or convert 1000 karma
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:05 pm

• You only need to be a demigod to set one of these up: the idea is that the games persist, and anyone can play as a challenger (demigods and their "guildmates" will be defenders). << Still working out the details of this, however.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:31 pm

• What i can imagine:

A custom "Demi God" game that sits in the lobby among other custom games, though it has some green writing or something flashy to distinguish it from the rest.
    1 game is active at a time, which is filled up by guild members as well as adversary guild members.
    When a game is filled, nobody else can enter it until the match has finished.

Once the match is finished, the lobby opens up again.

What you can do is instead of having the players get the rewards directly, you boost up or lower ranks of the entire guild based on the outcome of the battle. Or the player can simply gain rank points for their guild.

This could facilitate how a demi god and his guild gain standings in guild rankings. The players would simply win/gain points for their guilld as well as their standing in said guild. Challenges like this could be simply ignored if the demigod makes them too unfair, or not worth joining.

Otherwise, guild activity could reach over to realm,duel,rank league games were guilds can obtain an overall rank based on how well their guild members are doing.

I still feel like duel mode could be combined with league play in some way...this extra slot could open up to a guild menu, were the rankings of guilds are put in place. My solution here would be to simply combine the level based rewards of duel mode and apply them to the rankings. Encourage live play. Next, you could make AI duels come into play if noones online, what happens here is you can still improve your reward level, but your monthly rank is left unaffected.

Perhaps in place of the duels you could have "Guilds and Tournaments" This is could be a screen that includes a list of current tournaments that demigods have made, along with the general ranking. Perhaps having the top 3 guilds prominently displayed for all to see.

I just don't think basing the rewards of these custom games on aesthetic rewards is realistic....just look were epic gear has gone (pretty much nothings happened, with the lack of resources being able to be devoted to it) This would just further complicate the expansion of that idea. If your going to make any guild stuff happen, i'd keep it strictly based in stats.

I suppose ultimately, I'm veering more towards the addition of tournaments, though the assetts here look great, and could be used for a number of things (Snapshot making daily challenges, Realm editor tools, 'advanced' options for custom games)
    anjovi

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 pm

• @CGR - With these custom games is there any functionality to allow for cups/leagues or other game series?

One off custom games would be very cool, and a nice step in the right direction.

But I'd love to see some kind of central chaos cup, or a league structure that endures for longer than the current ELO based monthly series that we have at present.

I do really hope that this aspect of the game works well, but you're reliant here on your demi god players within the community wanting to put the effort into creating these games. As it stands with standard custom game I don't think there's a lot of people that are aware of their presence, let alone creating them. It may well be worth you having a plan to create some official challenges to support that. It may also be worth using your news panel on the login screen to then promote them.
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 pm

• @CGR again.

Will these demi god created challenges award XP or similar to the player?

Re advancement, i'm similar to Worto in that I never really saw the point of it up until now, I would like to reach a point where I could create some custom tournaments in game, but as things stand I don't see myself hitting demi god for a very long time via the current progession system.

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 pm

• @CGR One more

I can see that you're looking to introduce taboos, could this be extended to single spell level? I.e. No Crystal Walls? No Disbelieve?

Could special abilities be turned on and off? I.e. No Undead; Or No Undead Slayer?

Could game functions be toggled on and off? I.e. Dispel, or mana?

Could special victory conditions be set such as; kill player x, move a Icarus Tower to position y, or occupy position z?

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information