Custom Games - Is a confirmation needed?

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• I'm just wondering whether there should be a confirmation message that pops up for the creator of custom games when they hit the 'start game' button.

The reason I'm wondering about this, is because I've had a couple of 2v2v2 games lately where I meant to set a particular map for the game, forgot to and then end up starting us off on a random map setting (default). Due to the fact that starting positions are consistent from one map to another, this then potentially spoils the game as some team mates begin in strong starting positions than others.

Is it just me doing this? And it not, would a pop up help; something that said, 'These are your game settings, blah blah. Do you wish to go ahead?'

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• It's an easy thing to mess up, i do sometimes, for sure. But, from my own perspective, i have a bad tendency to just as easily click through a confirmation window if I've seen it enough times...
    Aka

• larksleep wrote:i have a bad tendency to just as easily click through a confirmation window if I've seen it enough times...

I know what you mean, I have a tendency to do the same, I was thinking that after I made the OP.

Maybe a better way would be to have the default map choice be blank? That way the game creator has to actively choose a map to start on.

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• if there was a consistant high standard in the 5 and 6 player maps and randomized starting positions then this wouldnt be an issue as then you would be happy to play on any map
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• yeah, Spite, that sounds like a good solution.

What Gary says is true, of course, though there's still the issue of starting positions in relation to team play, which could be settled by another menu option which allows for teams to be grouped or evenly spaced etc...
    Aka

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information