Increase the turn time for Duels

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:06 am

• I'm in the process of trying to outline all of Chaos Reborn's many game modes for some updates/revisions to the Chaos Reborn[Wikipedia page]. I've about thrown my hands up at being able to do so in a way which meets Wikipedia editorial best practice standards... because there are so many game modes and their variants. It's dizzying. Adding more won't necessarily make things better.

Basically, we're at the point where we can't pay Peter unless we rob Paul. So who do we pay, and who will we rob?

[Edit in brackets.]
    Last edited by NoWorries on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:10 am

• Less is more.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:27 pm

• NoWorries wrote:I'm in the process of trying to outline all of Chaos Reborn's many game modes for some updates/revisions to the Chaos Reborn[Wikipedia page]. I've about thrown my hands up at being able to do so in a way which meets Wikipedia editorial best practice standards... because there are so many game modes and their variants. It's dizzying.

Use this if it helps.

Available Game Modes.png
    Available Game Modes.png (25.21 KiB) Viewed 50 times

NoWorries wrote:Adding more won't necessarily make things better.

Basically, we're at the point where we can't pay Peter unless we rob Paul. So who do we pay, and who will we rob?

[Edit in brackets.]

Are you not in favour of the Demi God Custom Game Modes then?

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:29 pm

• gary wrote:Less is more.

It depends what your preference is for in the first place, if you want to play 3 min matches... less is just less.

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:30 pm

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:
    NoWorries wrote:Adding more won't necessarily make things better.

Are you not in favour of the Demi God Custom Game Modes then?

Indifferent. My understanding is that the Custom Match UI only gets very complicated for Demigods and Gods, who are among the most experienced and/or committed players. And the new Demigod+ customization options are not exactly creating a new game mode option tree which might keep new players from finding each other as they search for games down different rabbit holes; rather, they are providing more bells and whistles with which experienced players can entice new players to go down an existing rabbit hole to play a current game mode.

NoWorries
    GOD

Previous

Return to Current Version Discussion

Information