Allowing demigods to make custom games without participating

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• As a demigod making custom games, I think it would be really appealing to be able to create a custom lobby, without having to participate in the game itself.

As a player looking for challenges to get some extra loot, I think it'd be appealing to have games in the custom lobby that are accessible to join, perhaps coaxing others to join in the chat.

How it could work:

1) Demi god creates a custom game with all of the settings, and simply exits it (the message: your game will stay in the lobby until all players have joined and played through it)

2)Players see the game in the custom lobby and join it.

3)Once the lobby is full, the game starts.

4)After game is played, all rewards are distributed to winners and the lobby disappears.

This would help encourage more of these games being played as demi gods wouldn't have to chaperone their lobbies, sort of like how i can create a realm and just let other players play it.

This would also be a good way to setup PVE challenges vs AI for players. I setup a lobby, and a couple buddies could see it and say 'hey bud! this looks like fun! we have to kill 3 of them with spiders' and then have a go at it.

Having persistent lobbies could be cool to, having the lobby reopen for others to try it, until the demi god takes it down.

Maybe moderators could take a quick peak at it and give it a green light (making sure it isn't too easy for the given rewards) Or just have the option to have no rewards so the moderation isn't necessary. Sometimes a fun little PVE challenge is rewarding enough on it's own.
    anjovi

• +1

That's what I've been hoping for too... Ideally I'd like it if I could setup a series of themed games for players to play through.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Have you tried it?
    I think you can create the game, then close your own slot and invite someone else.
    Persistent lobbies were always the intent, but probably in the next next update:)
    RafiRomero

• oh? my bad, I assumed that the game just followed the regular lobby functionality.

right on! Might be a good idea to add that as a subtext in the steam release update.
    anjovi

• Regular lobby lets you close your own slot. You can then invite someone else into it. You remain "in the room", but not in the game.
    I can't test it right now, but I assume you can then hit "start game"? Or does it then give you an error?
    RafiRomero

• If you try to go back you get this

Custom Lobby.png

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• And trying to start the game with that same setup gives.

"'There must be at least one player assigned to a slot"

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information