Balance law mode duels

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:02 pm

• Player 1 having the first turn advantage
    Most maps are tight maps with few mana sprites at center, and who is aggressive will get those sprites.

Example, move in Shadow trees, and then turn it to goblins on turn 1.

Second turn player 2, will have to retreat no matter how. cuz blobs will come in next if u summon something or too close to be bot.

Player 1 gets the sprites and the advantage.

Player 1 build being first turn also, with most of the maps being small and tight, ensure high percentage to win.

law mode with mostly tight maps will lead to certain build being op.
    Also i notice that first turns do not randomise. The first turn player seems to be the person who is waiting in the queue first.

****************I suggest for Law mode maps to be Larger and longer distance before engaging.

In chaos mode this is not an issue.

Law is broken.

*Also there is a bug with the talisman dispell creatures for mana, and living creatures talisman. both the effect switches.

=)
    Last edited by bun on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
    bun

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm

• +1 though for me I'd suggest that all 1v1 maps should be put back to their original size. (And player starting order really needs to be random)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:57 pm

• The 1v1 map reductions did impact the format negatively, I'm still really surprised that it wasn't obvious what effect the change would have on the balance of the format (which was the best balanced, most popular and most competitive format at the time).

One of the devs mentioned that the original 1v1 maps might still exist in the game code somewhere (for the sake of the format I hope they still are).. Please restore them! ..All the players that were part of the competitive 1v1 scene that existed throughout the games development (pre-duel) will be grateful.

..I'm sure randomized starting orders will be restored one day to! ..this is the other thing I'm still waiting on before going back to the 1v1 async scene.. I think the devs will get round to fixing it when they notice that it is something that effects all the matchmakers, including ranked.
    Mazy

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 pm

• Consolidation of 1v1 League and Duel matches in to just Duel matches would provide an opportunity for this reform.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:52 pm

• 1+ though i'd add that chaos mode should also have the old maps.

I'm under the impression that with the shrinking of the maps that, the prominent terrain features that distinguish each map end up giving too much of an advantage to one player over the other depending on builds. Lucky casts and failed dwarves,goblins,etc. can also cause some pretty swingy games, were in the old maps, you seemed to have just the right amount of wriggle room to mitigate it with a more long term strategy.

Minimizing/Maximizing builds in a sense takes precedence over the battle gameplay I feel, for better or worse.
    anjovi

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information