Guilds - Visibility

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:56 pm

• It'd be really good if in game we could somehow view a list of current guilds, and then from there see who the members of that guild are.

At present, unless someone in game is saying 'hey I'm a member of blah blah' then nobody else will ever know it.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:14 pm

• As was said by a wise person recently, with guilds we have a chicken and an egg problem. We need a critical mass to make them work and then to incentivize further development which will make more players sticky. But there is no obvious in-game indication to casual players that guilds exist let-alone an indication of what they do. Lists, profiles, rankings... we just need more in-game visibility. Heck, in an ideal world, we'd have a full Guilds tab in the UI with all of our dreamy requested feature that could serve as a central hub for players who want to use it in tracking and jumping in to all of their preferred competitive gameplay options, whether that is coop in the Realm for Realm score, a custom tournament, or good ole League and Duel play.

In the end, we need to capture the attention and then the interest of casual players... who we hope might become zealous players once they stick a little to a community. But absent visbility, we have no opportunity to attract their interest. Announcements are not enough. We need persistant visibility like Duels, Leagues, Realms, and Customs already have.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:03 am

• I ran in to another experienced wizard king player who is quite active in PvP gameplay but had not heard of guilds, yet.

Announcements and forum posts are not enough. Heck, the opening splash screen prominently mentions the new Discord, but more than a few active players did not know it existed until I mentioned it to them. Persistent visibility is needed.

I'm a fairly gregarious person online, but I must confess it's becoming tiresome feeling like I'm a spammer or telemarketer when I'm trying to be social and educate players about guilds via global and match chats.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:26 am

• NoWorries wrote:...I must confess it's becoming tiresome feeling like I'm a spammer or telemarketer when I'm trying to be social and educate players about guilds via global and match chats.

I know exactly what you mean; it's one thing to promote your own guild, but as 'players' it shouldn't have to be our job to be informing other players of new in game features.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:40 am

• So. Tired. Of. Spamming. Info. About. Guilds. In. In-game. Chat. :cry:

Even people who are interested just have no clue otherwise, however. Most newbies are barely aware of these forums.

NoWorries
    GOD

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:39 am

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:44 am

• Because, believe it or not, I've gotten positive feedback for my efforts. Moreover, as designed and implemented and communicated to us so far, this is expected of guild leaders for guilds to succeed. And if guilds succeed, at least somewhat, then we're more likely to get custom tournaments in the next update.

Hope + Spam + Guilds = Custom Tournaments.

And who doesn't want custom tournaments? But I'll just settle for world peace.

NoWorries
    GOD

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 am

• MattyRasker wrote:In that case, stop spamming chat about guilds and let players have some fun with the game ;)

The only thing 'spammy' about The Guild of Cephalopods is the number of tentacles wafting about...

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 am

Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 am

• MattyRasker wrote:
    SpiteAndMalice wrote:
    MattyRasker wrote:In that case, stop spamming chat about guilds and let players have some fun with the game ;)

The only thing 'spammy' about The Guild of Cephalopods is the number of tentacles wafting about...

Remind me, 6 or 8 legs? :D

Two legs... (six arms).

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information