Frequent front

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:27 pm

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:You see games doing this left right and centre, as soon as a game (or forum) allows players to have an in game avatar.

My commentary was directed to what is the modern equivalent of box art for the game. If we ever have guild-profiles that allow for forum-type customization, that's a different ball of wax. (Also, "everyone is doing it" is not a generally recognized legal defense in most places.)

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:49 pm

• NoWorries wrote:
    SpiteAndMalice wrote:The thread topic is about how to use the front screen. It can be used in many ways, not just to promote guilds, but if it is being used to promote guilds then it should be done fairly rather than just promoting a certain type of guild.

"Fairness" is a vague term that lacks specificity as to how it accomplishes what Snapshot is trying to do with the current iteration of the guild system: engage players in a way that keeps them online playing more competitive matches. In this context, it seems more unfair to deny recognition or at least positive reinforcement to those guilds which excel at this. Why should I invest countless hours trying to foment gameplay in the in-game supported aspects of guilds in the game when someone who created a guild of just their friend and themselves can get just as much recognition as mine even if they don't play except between themselves?

That said, a rising tide lifts all boats. So if your preferred gameplay style is not incorporated yet in to the in-game guilds system, advocate for that development change. But recognize that such future development is unlikely to occur unless all of the work that Snapshot has done so far has at least some success. And the best way to do that is to maximize visibility and reward those guilds who are best at inciting more players to compete in Duel and League matches.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 pm

• I read it all :)

CGRs reply on discord is relevant here:

Hi, anything can be put there, the image is hosted on Snapshot's web server
    The image is here http://www.chaos-reborn.com/userfiles/C ... /Promo.jpg
    From whch the resolution can be inferred
    I'm on holiday right now, so can't really comment on the viability of allowing community members to produce their own posters (I'd need to ask around).
    Certainly it would be good to use this space to raise awareness of guilds and discord.
    No One is God, but many Humanity | Baldrnox unight | Order of Baldrlux
    celwulf

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:51 pm

• The current front has three sections and it could fit more possibly.

With the aim to come up with the second poster candidate
    - one of those sections could highlight a guild (not based on results), and in doing so create awareness of guilds in general
    - another section could highlight recent competitive achievements (guild scores, godly level-ups, realm stuff, or x, or all)
    - and a third section could say smth like "For live streams of Chaos Reborn go to [link to live_streams channel on discord]", or if spite night or some other event is coming up next then point to that channel on discord..

What ya think?
    No One is God, but many Humanity | Baldrnox unight | Order of Baldrlux
    celwulf

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:34 pm

• Thanks for the added info, celwulf. CGR's graphic link is particularly helpful. Lost from the image, however, is a "More Information" button at the bottom of the UI screen that opens a link to the official Chaos Reborn website where more information is profiled. Granted, today is the first time I've ever clicked on that button, so I don't know how useful it will be to players who are less casual than me. *cough, cough* But, more information cold be posted on the website.

So, what we have to work with is one graphic image that can have multiple components to it, but not too many. And one link to a website at its bottom. Anything else will require more code.

In that context, I think it's unrealistic to think that we can change both the image and the content of the Chaos Reborn webpage to which it directs with any real regularity. Scores, rotating images, etc. may be unrealistic unless there is some automated process. And the creation of the automated process might involve consequential developer time that might be better spent on other gameplay features given the limited dev resources we have currently.

We just may have to settle on a more traditional meta graphic that adverts Guilds and the Discord. The link could at best I think be directed to somewhere in the forums where Snapshot still retains ultimate moderation purview.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 pm

• Addendum: That ^^ said, SpiteAndMalice and celwulf, you guys persuaded me. Let there be no doubt your engagement changed at least one mind: mine. For example, if it is reasonably feasible, something more like a rotation of existing (and ideally active) guilds makes sense. Recognition of reigning mode champion guilds might be better directed to the gameplay mode UIs and therefore audiences to which they relate and are relevant.

NoWorries
    GOD

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 am

• celwulf wrote:The current front has three sections and it could fit more possibly.

With the aim to come up with the second poster candidate
    - one of those sections could highlight a guild (not based on results), and in doing so create awareness of guilds in general
    - another section could highlight recent competitive achievements (guild scores, godly level-ups, realm stuff, or x, or all)
    - and a third section could say smth like "For live streams of Chaos Reborn go to [link to live_streams channel on discord]", or if spite night or some other event is coming up next then point to that channel on discord..

What ya think?

That makes a lot of sense to me.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 am

• NoWorries wrote:Addendum: That ^^ said, SpiteAndMalice and celwulf, you guys persuaded me. Let there be no doubt your engagement changed at least one mind: mine. For example, if it is reasonably feasible, something more like a rotation of existing (and ideally active) guilds makes sense. Recognition of reigning mode champion guilds might be better directed to the gameplay mode UIs and therefore audiences to which they relate and are relevant.

That also makes sense, show the competitive guilds on the competitive areas of the UI, the realm guilds on the realm pages, the custome guilds on the custome pages....

You could easily let guild leaders indicate which type of guild their primary focus is on, and thus where they would like to have the most exposure.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:28 am

• My suggestion for the 3 slots:
    1) Guild of the week + Players of the month (when monthly stats come in)
    2) Promotion for new game features of latest update
    3) Promotion for snapshot business
    anjovi

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information