Ditch Classic Law mode

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:15 pm

• I could be wrong, but does anyone ever play this?

I think the only modes you need in the game are Classic Chaos, Equipped Chaos, and Equipped Law mode. Anyone who's inclined towards deterministic battles gains more from Equipped Law than Classic Law to which Classic Law gets sidelined and is not necessary.

I'd call it:
    Classic Chaos - 'Chaos Mode' (as it's the one mode which is truly chaotic.)
    Equipped Chaos 'Neutral Mode'
    Equipped Law 'Law Mode'

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:23 pm

• Otherwise:
    -Classic Chaos Mode
    -Equipped Chaos Mode
    -Law Mode

would work just as well I think.

Otherwise, I'd just keep rankings for these 3 modes, umbrella-ing all of the sub modes like: duel, league, 1v1,2v2,1v1v1, async, live) under these main 3. Honestly, the sub modes don't really warrant their own rankings. Why should a 1 min timer game in duel mode be seen different to a 2 1/2 minute timer game in league? ranks for async and live games in league mode are already fused together.

I think this would remove alot of the oversaturating of game modes when considering ranks.
    anjovi

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:53 pm

• Classic Law is rather active in asyncs. Most of my Law mode 4FFAs are Classic Law. I.e., it's pretty tough to get an Equipped Law 4FFA in League asyncs.

I suspect Classic Law is favored most in League because Equipped Law has some fairly lopsided kit builds. (Equipped Law never had the type of balancing iterations that Chaos Equipped did.)

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information