(v1.13) - Need In-Game Info for Duel Medal Qualifications

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• tl;dr - Add information in the weekly medal awards message of the minimum rating required to be medal eligible.

In League, it's rather intuitive that players are not medal eligibility until they reach Archmage because players aren't ranked until then. In contrast, I've seen some confusion from players who placed 2nd or 3rd in Duels who did not receive a medal because it's not intuitive that players need to have a minimum rating of 10 to qualify for a medal. Because medal messages happen for Duels weekly, this can be fixed by an extra sentence explaining the requirements.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• scrap the min rating, doesnt need to be there and serves no purpose
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• gary wrote:scrap the min rating, doesnt need to be there and serves no purpose

Otherwise you're going to have a 20 way tie for 9th place for all the people who have a 0 rating having lost all of their matches, where places 1-10 get medals.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• and if 20 people get a rating of 10?
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• gary wrote:scrap the min rating, doesnt need to be there and serves no purpose

+1 - Same for leagues too to be honest, speaking as someone who only plays these formats very rarely, it's disincentive to joining in at all when you know that you have to play x number of games in given time period to even be seen within the rankings. I'd hazard that we've got a lot more casual players than hardcore ones when it comes to official in game competitions, and this kind of thing just acts as a barrier to entry, it puts you off playing in the first place... not a thing good for the casual player, or for the hardcore who are struggling to find matches.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• First time I played in weekly duel tournament I was pissed off for not getting a medal on Monday as I did not know about the score of 10 requirement. It discouraged me to not play league at all until I found out about the rule (reading on these forums i think). Needs fixin.

For league there is the star ladder and it is the ultimate challenge to become archmage, so for me that is what is most motivating and keeps me engaged long-term. So I would not change league that way.
    No One is God, but Many Humanyti | Baldrnox Unighted | Order of Baldrlux
    celwulf

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information