Steam web-browser integration to facilitate guilds,wiki,foru

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• So I had some ideas to help with community building, that doesn't require revamping the GUI of the game.

So as of now: you have internet links from in game that take you to the forums, wiki.
    Change 1 suggestion: instead of opening a new web browser out of game, make use of the steam in game browser so it is easier to facilitate moving from internet to game. I find alt-tabbing (which is what the game currently does) slows things down, though using steam browser it isn't.

I remember chaos using steam interface integration with the in game upgrade to 'king, forge master, god' tiers. I wonder if this could happen to facilitate internet stuffs.

Change 2: Add an input option for guild leaders, players making profiles, etc. for various aspects of the game.
    -Wizard profile: add an input were you can paste a link from the forums, so that when players click it, they open the web page.
    -Guild profile: same as above, but for guilds.
    -Tournaments: allow players to paste links to tournament forums, and the like, as well as links to 3rd party sites like challonge or what have you.

Basically use the internet browser to your advantage. With the options given to players on which webpages to link to, you can mitigate alot of the trouble that'd go into making GUI changes to the game.

It's just that you'd want this system to be consistent across the board.
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote: instead of opening a new web browser out of game, make use of the steam in game browser

I would suspect this could be tricky due to the GOG version and complicating the build process but don't quote me on that.

anjovi wrote: Add an input option for guild leaders, players making profiles, etc. for various aspects of the game.
    -Wizard profile: add an input were you can paste a link from the forums, so that when players click it, they open the web page.
    -Guild profile: same as above, but for guilds.
    -Tournaments: allow players to paste links to tournament forums, and the like, as well as links to 3rd party sites like challonge or what have you.

Yeah, makes sense. Ideally they'd be a full profile like with this literally just being a 'More info…' button… an intermediate warning you are visiting an external website may be needed.

Farious
    Farious

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information