Make Duel Medal Qualification = Wins, not Rating

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• Proposal:

(1) Rank only those players with 10 or more Duel wins;
      (2) Once given, sort rankings like now;
      (3) Remove the rating requirement for medals; and
      (4) Award medals to the top 10 ranked Duelists.
    Currently, there is confusion on what it takes to earn a medal in Duels. E.g., see this thread. Also, I suspect I'm not alone in actually playing less and sometimes not at all once I get my 10+ rating because I don't want to risk losing my medal eligibility, especially if I may be the only medal qualified player. Moreover, it's much harder to get and maintain a 10 rating (i.e., net wins) as opposed to earning 10 gross wins. All these factors actually can and do discourage Duel gameplay.

So let's encourage Duel gameplay a bit more. Using 10 wins as the qualifier for a ranking, even new players would have a realistic chance to qualify for at least an iron medal so long as they play ALOT of matches against human opponents, even if they from time to time run in to experienced players who would destroy their net win rating. Playing more and more matches is how new players become experienced players, and experienced players don't have to feel as bad as they do right now when they repeatedly defeat new players.

It is not easy to balance the legitimate needs for a competitive gameplay and with the goal of making the game accessible. The tweaks suggested above would better balance these needs than the status quo and do so with only incremental changes to what we have now that, hopefully, would not require much developer attention.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• yup. reckon i'd have to say:

+1

to whatever he just said rightthere

'Cause it made good sense

Not, because he paid me to agree.
    Aka

• It should be just 10 matches, never mind 10 wins.

Even if a new player loses all 10, so what? - Encourage them for taking part.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• +10!
    No One is God, but Many Humanyti | Baldrnox Unighted | Order of Baldrlux
    celwulf

• It's there any feedback about where you are with ranking or medals? The data from the result just send to drop into a black hole as far as I can see
    bejebus

• bejebus wrote:It's there any feedback about where you are with ranking or medals? The data from the result just send to drop into a black hole as far as I can see

Only Duels against human players contribute to your Duel rankings. In that context, on the Duel UI screen, your results/rank (if any) currently is on the individual duel leaderboard on the left. If you join a guild, there is a guild leaderboard that shows on the right of the Duel UI, and your guild's ranking will be shown there.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• I guess what I mean is there is no indication of what I still need to do to get myself or guild onto that table or win that medal.
    bejebus

• bejebus wrote:I guess what I mean is there is no indication of what I still need to do to get myself or guild onto that table or win that medal.

Not, yet. E.g., see the thread here for a proposed solution.

NoWorries
    GOD

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information