magic trees need a nerf

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm

• Stitchy wrote:so basically u agree with me that magic trees need a nerf?

but instead of my modest inclination to lower defense from 50 to 40
    you prefer a massive nerf by changing the whole mechanics of magic trees, by letting the enemy wizard occupy it?

i already said that it might be interesting, however i am not sure what the impact of that might be on the current game.

Sorry Stitchy but I completely disagree with you. the Magic trees should not be nerfed.

If they tweaked to allow enemy wizards to enter them that I would accept that

But as it stand I think there fine as they are.
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:41 am

• The transformation talismans are each powerful in 3+ equipped. Spiders via Aconite was dominant last year and remains quite strong. Blob and Mass Blob are next to dragonmega the dominant strats in law mode. Magic Wood is one of few defensive measures to blob spam.

Aelfscyne is a low proc and expensive. Sometimes 3 or more elves pop, but often none or only a couple do so. Elves have severe weaknesses. Trees are weak to ranged attacks and elephants. Elves need hellhound or paralyze or need to be dead themselves to counter undead. Magic Wood requires thoughtful use or opponents can take advantage. Trees can disappear at inopportune moments and random card draw isn't as effective or timely as exemplum funus. Gaining 10 mana per disappearing tree is a major bonus undermined by Aelfscyne. Transformation talismans often are binded alongside required spell such as Tangled Vine or Magic Wood. Often creature buff talismans are also binded to boost transformed units. With Magic Wood about 1 in 3 casts fail thereby wasting 2-4 binded talismans. Bind-to-Hand is useful for initial acceraltion, but cannot be used in conjuction with Exemplum Funus and a transformation talisman. Large Hand size cuts at the mega activation or cheaper creatures in Law Mode. In general, using transformation talisman postpones all other activations and often undercuts end-game if opponent survives that long.

Aelfscyne is a flavor of the month and likely only popular because too few players compete in 3+ equipped to provide more variety. I see Aconite more often than Aelfscyne and Chaos or Undead staff more than Law. Again, transformation talismans provide material acceleration that dominate slower builds. Of them, only Aconite can counter Undead. Garivano turns trees into mass blob attacks.

If Aelfscyne is popular then try mount or undead staff with Bellivent binded.

Accleration via cheap mega or transformation seems to define Law Mode and is standard fare in Chaos Mode..
    Glas Masv, Child of the Light-Eater, Ascendent Metamorphic Singularity; MastrMynd of Hegemony

Join Hegemony! Original PvP/Realm/Lore Guild.

Send a PM or contact Glas Masv aka GlassJaw in-game or on Discord to Apply.
    Glas Masv

Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:54 am

• So 3+ equipped (asynch?) is where this is happening?
    I'd've thought in a 3-way, the first player to cast the magic wood would become a target for the other two? Or do you require the mana from a wizard-kill to begin with the woods?
    RafiRomero

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm

• sadly there are not enough players to get a meta game going
    so who can tell who is right? its all gut feeling and insufficient stats
    Stitchy

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:36 am

• Rafi, if players are using Aelfscyne they wait on Magic Wood. Magic Wod or Shadow Wood tend to be used to guard mana sprites in the early game. Tangled Vines blocks off sprites. The bane of Magic Wood in early game are Lions and Elves
    Glas Masv, Child of the Light-Eater, Ascendent Metamorphic Singularity; MastrMynd of Hegemony

Join Hegemony! Original PvP/Realm/Lore Guild.

Send a PM or contact Glas Masv aka GlassJaw in-game or on Discord to Apply.
    Glas Masv

Previous

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information