I <3 Bolt Towers

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:22 pm

• This discussion has just given me a couple of ideas..

One of the funnest ways of dealing with undeads is combo'ing a HH with a group of weak living creatures (goblins etc), you can go around freezing undeads with the HH and then hitting the paralysed undead with the living creatures.. Imagine if bolt towers fired a paralyse attack instead of a weak bolt attack, a paralyse attack is slightly stronger (especially against low MP undead).

..It would enable you to get more attacks off on a creature inside the radius of the tower (instead of just one) because any type of creature can attack the frozen target. This combo potential would be the thing that could make it a genuine undead counter, also the fact that the paralysed target would not be able to move to attack the tower on the next turn (making the tower less likely to get swarmed and camped on)..

..a subversion tower would possibly be even more interesting than a bolt/paralyse tower (we already have 2 spells that fire paralyse).. Subversion really would be a good deterrent, the risk of having your creature stolen is perhaps greater than the threat of losing it to death (creatures would not be immune when adjacent to this tower.. we didn't really need 2 kinds of tower so this one could be re-branded 'trap'.. subversion trap).

Idea 2. Combine both towers into one spell. Basically just give Icarus towers the same utility as bolt towers (retain the name Icarus). Now we have one multipurpose defensive structure, it has an overwatch ranged attack versus air creatures and a weak non-overwatch ranged attack versus land creatures. Balance it by completely removing it's ability to melee attack.
    Mazy

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:26 am

• I don't like burning any cards just because so many are situational and key in that situation. Dwarves are easy to toss, but can come it in handy vs. magic items. goblins block in a pinch. etc.

Bolt Towers have won me games. The maps with a central hill are best for Bolt Towers and they are actually too strong in those cases. Bolt Towers encourage height 1 unit play - dwarves and rats. I had a gimmick build with bind on hand bolt tower and dwarf as first two moves. It did win once.

The Bolt Tower mega is a prime example of when a Mega would be better suited as a Crystal Maze type mega, i.e. a super Bolt Tower such as one with increased attack power and 4-hex range and/or 4 height.
    Glas Masv, Child of the Light-Eater, Ascendent Metamorphic Singularity; MastrMynd of Hegemony

Join Hegemony! Original PvP/Realm/Lore Guild.

Send a PM or contact Glas Masv aka GlassJaw in-game or on Discord to Apply.
    Glas Masv

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:03 am

• I super bolt tower, with a talisman to somehow facilitate a 2 bolt tower like play, could be interesting. I've just been indulging too much in towers to have them disappear like that. Never really considered the dwarf combo, nice thinking!

I wonder if a shortage of dwarfs mixed with a bind tower and neutral staff could make for an interesting combo?
    anjovi

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:50 am

• @anjovi, you may receive more dwarves and bolt towers as well as units that combo with dwarves from Marksman Staff. Bestiae Secutus allows for flexible tower placement and ability to place dwarves on the other side of the Bolt Tower. A 4-unit Mega is ripe for Mana Vitatis. Play shortage of dwarves after taking a sprite and then activate Mana Vitatis leading to more dwarves or activating Aelfscyne, etc.
    Glas Masv, Child of the Light-Eater, Ascendent Metamorphic Singularity; MastrMynd of Hegemony

Join Hegemony! Original PvP/Realm/Lore Guild.

Send a PM or contact Glas Masv aka GlassJaw in-game or on Discord to Apply.
    Glas Masv

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 am

• Brilliant! ill have to play around with that.
    anjovi

Previous

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information