2 player maps are too small

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 am

• I know this gets mentioned a lot in different threads, but I thought it was worth giving the topic its own thread:

2 player maps are now too small.

Speaking personally I never found 2 player games to be the most interesting format, but at least previously you had room to manoeuvre. Since the changes made to map sizes however, I have stopped playing this format completely as I feel that the games are too tight, and finish too quickly.

Could we please have the larger map sizes back, or at least have the option to play on some large 2 player maps?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:48 pm

• Cheers Matty, I did try searching but didn't spot anything/I'm forgetful.

Does anyone know whether this topic has ever had a response from the devs? I don't know why the change was made in the first place...

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:16 pm

• Yep, just want the original 1v1 maps restored, they worked.

The 1v1 map reworks somehow managed to remove most of the key terrain features which made each map interesting, individual and different and just made them all the same. Raised areas were cut back, various void hex's (gaps) were removed.

..Shaving a layer or two of hex's off the outer rim of the maps negatively impacted gameplay. 1v1 was an extremely solid format which portrayed Chaos in a good light... spoiling the 1v1 maps in an attempt try to turn it in to a speed format was a questionable design decision.

It was a highly unpopular change at the time, we just stopped whinging about it after a while lol.. I think it still remains an unpopular change though.

I pretty much played 1v1 exclusively. The games on duel maps are so one dimensional, I can't even observe a duel match on the spectate list without it triggering me lol

By all means keep the duel maps for duel mode... but competitive 1v1 needs good well designed maps. Please tell me you haven't wiped the old ones yet..

If by any chance they have been wiped (from archive) I have a lot of vids of 1v1 games showing the old layouts which could perhaps be used as a guideline to restore the correct shape and size for the format. I stopped making vids of competitive games played on duel maps because literally nothing interesting happens on them.

Map rework review - https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4FF810833/
    Mazy

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information