AI casts no illusion with certain taboo

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• Was testing the High and low casting taboo and discovered something startling

2 players:

Grythandril with taboo low casting chance spells - so I get high chance spells

AI easy with taboo high casting chance spells - so it get low casting spells

First game
    Grythandril cast rat pack and works
    AI cast a dragon and fails
    Grythandril moves rats to kill which is does - wins

Now after that on a rematch for game 2, 3,4 & 5 the AI suddenly starts cast low spells creatures ALL REAL

on the rematch on turn 1 it starts by casting a REAL GIANT followed by a random selection of REAL creatures in next turns:
    Giant, Hellhound, Hellhound, Vampire, Giant.

below is an example of one game
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... B3F8C9CD0/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... BBB895AF2/

Never got the chance to try the manticore but I have no doubt it was real.

Now I thought to myself oh it was probably just a fluke that the AI is casting real creatures so I tried it again on a different map and sure enough AI casts real creatures (No illusion) on low casting chance and they work every time

Not sure if this is a bug or AI is designed to cast real creatures in the face of certain tabbos
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

Mon May 21, 2018 12:52 pm

• I played two games with Hard and Easy A.I. In both games I disbelieved an illusion and in both games the A.I. failed to cast a spell.

I thought maybe the rewards were different from Gryth's since I had Forge Crystals set. I played a third game on A.I. Easy with High-Casting Chance taboo and rewards set to none. I disbelieved one spell and A.I. failed to cast a spell.

Null result. No bug.
    Glas Masv, Child of the Light-Eater, Ascendent Metamorphic Singularity; MastrMynd of Hegemony

Join Hegemony! Original PvP/Realm/Lore Guild.

Send a PM or contact Glas Masv aka GlassJaw in-game or on Discord to Apply.
    Glas Masv

• I was wrong it is not a bug but the way the AI was designed

I think I now know how to determine when the AI will cast a Real creature

the only time the AI will cast disbelieve is when:

A. it has run out of spells

B. when one zombie or rat which is an illusion is killed then on next turn it will cast disbelieve
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

• Except in certain tutorials where illusions are disabled, the AI casts illusions based on a few factors, but mostly to do with how "believable" the illusion will be. I.e., you'll tend not to see the AI cast a fake turn-1 hydra (but, I believe it's possible:). Over a small number of games, you can get some surprising results (all fake, or all real creatures).
    I'm not sure how the AI will cope with taboos that force it to cast "difficult" creatures - it may burn heavily to make the casts happen.

The AI will always disbelieve "sure" illusions - if it kills one of a group of multi-cast creatures (e.g., rats, zombies or various megaspells) and one is an illusion, it will disbelieve the rest as soon as it can.

Otherwise, the AI has a somewhat complicated set of "disbelieve" rules, that I'm not going to disclose;p
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information