How will dead bodies work?

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
goldendragon76

Re: How will dead bodies work?

Post by goldendragon76 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:45 pm

I was thinking that perhaps the dead creature could turn into a faint ghost of the dead body and then if another creature needed to walk through that hex it would just move through it as if it were made of smoke.
This might not work if Summon Ghost makes it into Chaos Reborn though!

I like the idea of dead creatures being inconspicuous until you hover your mouse over the Raise Dead spell and then they would be highlighted much better.

RafiRomero

Post by RafiRomero » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:34 pm

goldendragon76 wrote:I was thinking that perhaps the dead creature could turn into a faint ghost of the dead body and then if another creature needed to walk through that hex it would just move through it as if it were made of smoke.

That actually sounds really neat.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Sephorin wrote:Alternatively, we could eliminate any kind of dead body or marker all together. The marker or dead body would only become visible when someone casts the Raise Dead spell and is selecting a hex to target. Presumably, you could not target a hex occupied by a living creature, so with this system there would never be any overlap between a living creature and a dead creature/symbol.

DigitalDuck wrote:By not showing it, you're obscuring information that should be available to everyone - the fact is there is a dead body on that square; if it's one of your creatures standing on it you could move it and then raise the creature, but without that knowledge you might not move your creature.

I like the idea of the glyphs expanding when necessary, though.
Image Ace of Spades
(my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
XBL | YT
2D or 3D artists, translators needed!

Ped209

Post by Ped209 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:30 am

One problem with the dead creatures only being visible/obvious when you hover over raise dead is if you don't have a raise dead spell but want to use your creatures defensively.

For example, park a rat on a dead dragon so no one else can raise it.
Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk

Sephorin
GOD

Post by Sephorin » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Ped209 wrote:One problem with the dead creatures only being visible/obvious when you hover over raise dead is if you don't have a raise dead spell but want to use your creatures defensively.

Hmmm. Good point.

Tess
GOD

Post by Tess » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Sephorin wrote:
Ped209 wrote:One problem with the dead creatures only being visible/obvious when you hover over raise dead is if you don't have a raise dead spell but want to use your creatures defensively.

Hmmm. Good point.

Or it could be like in that movie 'The Fly' and the DNA of the dead dragon combines with the live rat to create a ... Dragon Rat! Oh yes. (or a rat dragon)

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Tess wrote:Or it could be like in that movie 'The Fly' and the DNA of the dead dragon combines with the live rat to create a ... Dragon Rat! Oh yes. (or a rat dragon)

I demand this be a feature. I want an undead dwarf giant.
Image Ace of Spades
(my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
XBL | YT
2D or 3D artists, translators needed!

ustolemytiger

Post by ustolemytiger » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Prob asking waaay too much here but the most elegant solution would be if each creature actually had interaction animation with each corpse. So for example the dwarf sits on a dead giants head, or a dragon holds a dead eagle in its maw!

Back to reality though, a simple solution would be if a hex that has a body on it and is then occupied goes red and is clearly covered in blood, it would be quite clear that a corpse was present and still leave some graphical immersion, and by clicking on the creature that is now occupying the hex' information screen it will also tell you which corpse is present.

The corpse could remain on the hex for any flying creatures as they would hover above.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 pm

What if the dead body lay eviscerated upon the battle field, its life blood slowly draining away to seep into the loam of it’s surrounding hexes, slimy entrails drawing a path to show the journey of its final steps, and the sounds of its death cries echoed through the ambient sound to remind us of its fall? Any passing elf would interact through tears of grief, the giant eagle would gouge out the hapless creature’s eyeballs, and the rat pack would have the ability to fully remove a corpse from the field of play via a special move called ‘Gnaw.’

Or ghosts, ghosts would also be cool. :-)

EDIT - It would be logical if Goblins could also remove corpses, though their special ability would need to be called 'BBQ'.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:41 pm

I like the idea of corpses being subject to attack to destroy them to a degree that prevents them from being re-animated. It need not be a special ability.