Chaos Reborn Probabilities Calculator (v0.2)

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
DigitalDuck

Chaos Reborn Probabilities Calculator (v0.2)

Post by DigitalDuck » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:59 pm

I figured I'd make a topic about it.

Based on a conversation in this thread, I made a probabilities calculator for Chaos Reborn. This will calculate the probability of winning a battle between any two creatures (assuming an infinite number of turns; in reality the probability doesn't significantly change after about three or four). It allows you to choose what pattern of attack each creature uses, and can even take into account casting chance. Displayed are each creatures' stats (feel free to check these; I've probably made a mistake somewhere), the probability of a single hit succeeding, and the probability of winning the whole battle.

You can also select a creature/pattern and get a list of every creature's success probabilities against that creature. There are also options to account for undead creatures and the retreating mechanic.

DOWNLOAD (v0.2)

To come (depending on demand):
- Terrain height (need confirmation on how this affects stats)
- Mana boost
- Multiple creatures/mega spells (only if a lot of demand as I'm busy and lazy :D)
Image Ace of Spades
(my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
XBL | YT
2D or 3D artists, translators needed!

Ped209

Re: Chaos Reborn Probabilities Calculator (v0.2)

Post by Ped209 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:40 pm

I'd done something similar but a slightly different approach, rather than the overall outcome of the battle it just calculates the likelihood of each outcome of a single attack/defence.

It highlights the optimum overall kill chance too.

http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk/chaospedia/creatures.aspx

There are certain things I've not accounted for so far, like unicorn charge, terrain height, swoop, vampire leech, wizards with weapons. But I put the facility in to edit the stats so you can add these things yourselves.
Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Ped209 wrote:I'd done something similar but a slightly different approach, rather than the overall outcome of the battle it just calculates the likelihood of each outcome of a single attack/defence.
Yeah, but yours is all professional like. Who wants to use something presentable? :D
Image Ace of Spades
(my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
XBL | YT
2D or 3D artists, translators needed!

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 pm

It's crazy that the sapphire dragon now has a better chance to kill some creatures from range (ranged attack 4) rather than via melee (attack 7).

Great tools though guys, thanks very much for the effort!

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Ped209

Post by Ped209 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:18 am

SpiteAndMalice wrote:It's crazy that the sapphire dragon now has a better chance to kill some creatures from range (ranged attack 4) rather than via melee (attack 7).

Great tools though guys, thanks very much for the effort!
I like that though, it creates a nice variation.

Melee attacks are based on the attackers agility and the defenders agility, ranged attacks are based solely on the defenders agility.

think "how fast can an attacker swing a punch vs how fast a defender can dodge it" for melee and "incoming projectile! how quickly can the defender to get out of the way"
Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk