Dismount Warning

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Re: Dismount Warning

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 am

Ped209 wrote:
or bring back undo?

That would also help with checking whether you have line of sight before committing to a move.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:21 am

I miss undo.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 am

I miss undo.

Can we undo the undo removal? :D
Image Ace of Spades
(my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
XBL | YT
2D or 3D artists, translators needed!

RafiRomero

Post by RafiRomero » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:38 pm

Pah @ undo; it also doesn't help with line of sight in the enemies turn (i.e., figuring out if an enemy can see you behind cover after that enemy moves). LoS is a whole different thing.
I am glad undo is gone. No more backsies!b

goldendragon76

Post by goldendragon76 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Maybe there could be a 'baby' setting that still has undo for people that need it. ;)
I prefer not having undo, apart from anything else it speeds the game up as you see all of your opponents creatures move as it happens. With an undo option you have to wait until everything has been confirmed before it is shown to you in case your opponent decides to undo their movement.

Sephorin
GOD

Post by Sephorin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 pm

I agree with the anti-undo advocates: Rafi and golden. I believe that on average, people will take longer to complete their turns if an undo function exists. I also found it confusing to watch other wizards' turns when they were undoing movement. The remaining LOS issues should be dealt with in some other way.

Ped209

Post by Ped209 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm happy for undo not to return, but also wouldn't mind if it did.

I would just like some UI indication that I was about to dismount as it's a move that is rarely done on purpose and can mean instant death. Which if it happens in the late stages of a 4 player match (maybe 70 or 80 minutes in) that is going very well it would be very annoying to lose in that way.

Maybe all wizard moves are always a different colour so it is obvious when you are moving your wizard rather than a creature, something that simple would suffice.
Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk