Would you choose to have heroic robes?

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Ped209

Re: Would you choose to have heroic robes?

Post by Ped209 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:30 am

SpiteAndMalice wrote:It would be nice to see robes (or other equipment) that granted special abilities to your wizard as opposed to just boosting, stat increases, and effecting the deck.

Retreat/Counter Attack/Multi Attack/Charge/Leech/Web/Climb/Avoid Engagement etc
I believe this is the plan, from the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... sts?page=6

Staff
This your wizard’s main equipment and the big decision you need to make here is which special Staff Power you want. I will choose ‘Petrify Clone’, which can turn the target creature and every enemy creature of the same type to stone.

Robe
In this case I select ‘Attack Lust’, which gives my staff power for every unsuccessful attack (a Staff generally gets power from killing creatures).

HeadGear
I also choose another Power Boost, and this time I pick ‘Undead Accumulator’, which gives the staff some power each turn for each undead creature in the arena.

it might be that some of this has changed following the testing so far but I think abilities will definitely play a part in equipment.

I'd like to see one that allowed +1 range on creature casts.
Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk

Sephorin
GOD

Post by Sephorin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Ped209 wrote:I'd like to see one that allowed +1 range on creature casts.
(insert wide-eyed smiley) A dastardly idea! Very interesting.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:22 pm

I'd like to have a staff which can be used to make blood sacrifices out of Elves.... *sigh* :-|

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Sephorin
GOD

Post by Sephorin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:23 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:I'd like to have a staff which can be used to make blood sacrifices out of Elves.... *sigh* :-|
(insert shocked smiley)

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Hmm. I think that it makes great sense to allow for equipment buffs which provide increased mana yields when the Wizard or its minions destroy a certain type of creature. E.g., a SpiteAndMalice Elfbane Staff might give double mana for destroying elves.... I really look forward to the Forgemaster system.