Tools of the Trade

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:54 pm

• Sorry if this has been discussed before but why is that bow, sword and shield all law spells?

To me they should be for all and should be neutral unless you have a chaos equivalent. The state of the game shouldn't influence their success rate.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:02 pm

• That's how it was in the original.
    All undead spells are chaos so being a lawful necromancer would be unwise too!
    goldendragon76

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:08 pm

• Bows, shields, and swords thematically make sense as law spells because they exemplify the ultimate ordering of nature's elements into constructs. That said, now that players need not choose between attacking or casting spells in a turn, bows, shields, and swords do not seem balanced by undead spells, vines, woods, and blobs like they had before. Why do law practitioners have a conduit to 20 extra super attacks in a match and not other wizards? So it would make great sense to have some other weapon and armor buff mechanic that also serves the other two alignments. For example, see here.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:48 pm

• I do agree that the bow, shield, and sword are powerful spells in the law wizard's repertoire. However, rather than giving similar spells to chaos wizards to try and balance things out, I would rather see chaos wizards get *different* spells that make up for the fact that it's more difficult for them to cast bow, shield, and sword.

At this point I think that the chaos wizard's access to undead more than balances out the bow, shield, and sword because undead can only be killed by other undead, or a wizard with a bow or sword. Further balancing is unnecessary, in my opinion.

Full disclosure: I may be biased because I prefer law. :D
    Sephorin, living in service to the Goddess Ariianrhod since April, 1204.
    Sephorin
    GOD

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:12 pm

• Sephorin wrote:At this point I think that the chaos wizard's access to undead more than balances out the bow, shield, and sword because undead can only be killed by other undead, or a wizard with a bow or sword. Further balancing is unnecessary, in my opinion.

From the POV of someone who supports Chaos, I have to say that I agree. It already feel balanced to me. I wouldn't want or expect to see lawful undead and likewise don't feel there's a need for Chaos weapons. Either or law (or neutral) is the right place for them.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm

• I like it the way it is. Chaos have undead; magic weapons (ok, not shield:) are the counter to that, so should be Law. A regular sword would be neutral; a sword for killing Chaotic creatures should be Law. I don't think Chaos need equivalent spells, undead, blob and manticore are awesome. If anything I feel like Law could do with a bit more anti-undead capability (if I were playing with a pure law/neutral deck I'd find it very difficult to deal with a lot of undead),
    RafiRomero

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:14 pm

• RafiRomero wrote: If anything I feel like Law could do with a bit more anti-undead capability (if I were playing with a pure law/neutral deck I'd find it very difficult to deal with a lot of undead),

I definitely agree with this but didn't want to say it because of my law bias. (insert smiley here)
    Sephorin
    GOD

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:31 pm

• I like that Law has the magic shield, sword and bow while Chaos has the undead and gooey blob. Different spell biases help differentiate the wizard types and keep things interesting.
    Fiat lux

SteamID: Beamster72
    Beamster
    GOD

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 am

• Something like Shadow Form would work as a Chaos spell, though.
    Image Ace of Spades
    (my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
    XBL | YT
    2D or 3D artists, translators needed!
    DigitalDuck

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

• looking at the spell list there are currently 46 spells 'in' the game, the kickstarter said there would be around 80 I think so we've got lots more to come for law, chaos and neutral I reckon.
    Chaos Reborn Community/Tournament Website: http://www.lawandchaos.co.uk
    Ped209

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information