Version 0.21

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:19 pm

• so no zombies either.

which leaves just skeletons as the only undead?
    R Tape loading error, 0:1

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:38 pm

• The Giant throwing a rock still causes an 'Event Stuck' bug for me, although at least the rest of the game seems to continue normally now.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:34 pm

• I like the idea that in asynchronous if both players are online at once the game progresses as usual. I hated waiting for turns in Laser Squad Nemesis when I was playing with my brother and he was sat next to me :)

The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 am

• Right, I'm back after a hiatus due to lots of work. Nice to get back into CR, and amazed to see the changes in the client. Great work Julian and team.

I've been playing a few games (mostly async) in the 0.21 client and have some immediate comments:

1. Aysnc games definitely need some notification method to inform you that your turn is waiting, especially when there's a time limit. Email is the obvious one.
    2. Async games seem to default to 7 days max, but hopefully the game duration can be defined, otherwise it's a real disadvantage for people in very different time zones. Some of my games are running 1-2 moves per day because our time zones are 10-12 hours apart. The 7 day total limit is going to expire pretty quickly!
    3. Every time I restart the client (Win64 here) the graphics settings default to "Pretty" no matter what, and this setting isn't remembered after client shutdown. On my laptop, "Pretty" is about 2 or 3 fps, so it's a jerky stagger to chug my mouse cursor over to the options menu.
    4. When I go back to the main menu (from any submenu), the background goes blank white. This is a laptop running an nVidia G640M chip.
    5. One particular map features a lot of strange, brown trees as environmental objects. Alas these obscure the view of the board at any angle except 90 degrees straight down, which rather defeats the purpose of being able to zoom in to see what's going on. Perhaps you could increase transparency when there are objects behind environmental objects?

Here's Krugeroth and his lone eagle bashing through the dense thicket towards a mana sprite (which I will be forever calling manahoars after playing Sacrifice a lot recently):

Return to Gameplay Discussion