Chaos Reborn v0.21 Released!

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 pm

• It's finally out! The latest version of the game include asynchronous game play, mana sprites, fully animated creatures and many more improvements.

Check out the Kickstarter update for more info:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... x-co/posts

Please report bugs in the prototype bugs forum.

Enjoy!
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:53 pm

• The wizard concepts look great! I am hoping there might be some limited customization options (color?).

Regarding the creature animations and Steam release: are you planning to add the game to Steam soon in some kind of early release version?

Thanks! I am looking forward to trying out the new version!
    Sephorin, living in service to the Goddess Ariianrhod since April, 1204.
    Sephorin
    GOD

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:54 pm

• Yes, please!
    I've only been playing half an hour and I'm very happy and excited!
    The new terrain looks excellent (I can see the hexes properly again). The UI generally is delicious.
    I didn't think I'd care about asynch play (after initially really wanting it when I read about it on gollopgames.com:), but in fact it is immediately my favourite feature since the game came out. I'm already playing multiple asynch games with people who are online, which is awesome: the way you get a "catch-up" animation is great. I've queued a few games with people I normally struggle to have games with due to conflicting babies everywhere. It is really well thought out and implemented!
    I really like the mana sprites, I don't know if 25 mana is actually that big a deal, but *I want it*:D
    RafiRomero

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 pm

• I enjoy all of the improvements. Even having fewer (and unbalanced) spells from which to choose because everything remaining is animated.

Perhaps my favorite new feature, so far, is having just one match maker lobby for all types of games. Great idea, and well done!

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:33 pm

• My initial impressions...

Markers are clearer but making all enemy markers red seems a mistake, it's ok in 2 player games where there is only one enemy wizard but any more than that and it's difficult to tell what belongs to who.

I quite like how the mana sprites work and I like how you have to get off your mount to pick them up, makes going for them even more of a risk.

The new animations are really nice and although it's sad to lose the non-animated creatures the game does have a nice finished look now everything in there is animated and there are none of the static placeholder creatures.

The cycle function works well and was definitely needed. If the 'end turn' box doesn't appear when you thought you were done it's easy to find what's left to do now.

Having your spells sorted by law/chaos or percentage casting chance is another nice feature.
    goldendragon76

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:10 am

• goldendragon76 wrote:Markers are clearer but making all enemy markers red seems a mistake, it's ok in 2 player games where there is only one enemy wizard but any more than that and it's difficult to tell what belongs to who.

I haven't played it yet, but that's the impression I got when reading it. Maybe if they were variations on red (orange, pink, magneta), you could tell them apart while still knowing they were all enemies.
    Image Ace of Spades
    (my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
    XBL | YT
    2D or 3D artists, translators needed!
    DigitalDuck

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:20 am

• DigitalDuck wrote:I haven't played it yet, but that's the impression I got when reading it. Maybe if they were variations on red (orange, pink, magneta), you could tell them apart while still knowing they were all enemies.

I suggested the same elsewhere. +1
    Tess
    GOD

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information