Choices

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
ZznoonzZ

Choices

Post by ZznoonzZ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Your probably working on the UI but, just in case, I would like to be able to choose to web or attack with spiders. I'd also like to be able to attack my own units, particularly the growths.

Sephorin
GOD

Re: Choices

Post by Sephorin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:22 pm

It might be neat to have the option to web or attack with spiders. I like that idea. Of course, the web should have a higher chance of succeeding than the attack.
Sephorin, living in service to the Goddess Ariianrhod since April, 1204.

Granthor

Post by Granthor » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 pm

I definitely like the idea of being able to choose between webbing and attacking - at the moment, I tend not to bother with spiders too often partly for this reason.

Not too sure about being able to attack your own growths - particularly with the blobs, the possibility of blocking yourself off is a key part of stopping them becoming too powerful. Trees & vines might be a good idea, but then the fact that you know you can't remove them is still an important tactical consideration when casting them in the first place.

Kahangriel
GOD

Post by Kahangriel » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Granthor wrote:I definitely like the idea of being able to choose between webbing and attacking - at the moment, I tend not to bother with spiders too often partly for this reason.
Same here. Knowing that you have 0% of killing your opponent in that turn is a big turn-off for me when I'm doing my blitzkrieg attacks.

Granthor wrote:Not too sure about being able to attack your own growths - particularly with the blobs, the possibility of blocking yourself off is a key part of stopping them becoming too powerful. Trees & vines might be a good idea, but then the fact that you know you can't remove them is still an important tactical consideration when casting them in the first place.
Wouldn't have said it better myself. ;)
Who's that riding across the plain?
Who's lost count of the foes he's slain?
Who's the man who's plumb insane?
Kahangriel! Kahangriel! Kahangriel!

Grym

Post by Grym » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:47 pm

I would like the option to web or to attack as well and I agree with Tess about the lower percentile chance of the attack vs web.
Granthor wrote:Not too sure about being able to attack your own growths - particularly with the blobs, the possibility of blocking yourself off is a key part of stopping them becoming too powerful. Trees & vines might be a good idea, but then the fact that you know you can't remove them is still an important tactical consideration when casting them in the first place.
Wouldn't have said it better myself. ;)[/quote]

I totally agree. Gooey blob should stay the way it is.
SteamID: Grymhowl Ingame username:Grymhowl

Seriously, you should nerf paper as it is completely OP. Scissors is fine the way it is.

Sincerely,
Rock

Sephorin
GOD

Post by Sephorin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Grym wrote:I agree with Tess about the lower percentile chance of the attack vs web.
It was me who said that. ;) Tess has yet to post in this thread. (Not that I mind being mistaken for Tess. She's even cooler than I am.)

If you would like, feel free to watch this video that features Tess, krayzkrok, and me. There you will find one or two obvious differences between Tess and myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI6d5zLqqsQ

And with that, I am finished derailing this thread. :geek:
Last edited by Sephorin on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sephorin, living in service to the Goddess Ariianrhod since April, 1204.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:13 pm

For the spider my initial reaction was to say 'yes' I always want to have the option to attack straight away rather than just web... But then I thought 'hold on, doesn't the web attack promote combo thinking?' You've also got to consider how to put the options into the UI. I think its attack percentage is already less than its web percentage isn't it?

The growths; definately not, if you place the in the wrong place then that's your mistake as a player. And placing them and then being able to attack through them makes them over powered.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:20 pm

I'd like to speak in favor of keeping the spider as-is with attacks. Allowing the spider to attack straight-away will be a significant buff that (a) mostly would moot the use of any web on all except undead and (b) require a lower casting chance for this speedy creature. Spiders as-is are among some of my favorite creatures, but they require one to think tactically at least 3 turns out to use them most effectively.

Grym

Post by Grym » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:26 pm

It was me who said that. ;) Tess has yet to post in this thread. (Not that I mind being mistaken for Tess. She's even cooler than I am.)
Sorry about that Sephorin! This whole community ranks in the cool category but you god backer folk really take the cake ;)
SteamID: Grymhowl Ingame username:Grymhowl

Seriously, you should nerf paper as it is completely OP. Scissors is fine the way it is.

Sincerely,
Rock

Sephorin
GOD

Post by Sephorin » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Very kind of you to say! :oops: I've also been enjoying your posts a lot.
NoWorries wrote:Spiders as-is are among some of my favorite creatures, but they require one to think tactically at least 3 turns out to use them most effectively.
Hmm.. Perhaps I need to rework my spider strategy.