Skip Opening Scene w/ Controller

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

• Julian,

Currently, the opening cinematic can't be skipped while using a controller (in my case, an Xbox 360 controller) over Steam Link. Could you please add the ability to skip it by pressing any buttons on the controller?

Thanks!

Dan
    Mysterio

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:23 pm

• Also, while playing with a controller via Steam Link, in Challenge 7B of Wizard Training, I can move the cursor with the controller and click (A button) on the glowing talismans, but I'm unable to click on the Activate button, even though I have the required mana. Same for the Mega spell.
    Mysterio

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm

• Hi,
    I'll have a look at this tomorrow; hopefully I can fix it in time for the next update, hopefully due before the end of the month.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:17 pm

• For now, there may be workarounds.
    I *think* Steam (big picture) will now let you set up an Xbox 360 controller in the same way that it has always let you set up the Steam Controller. This should mean it will emulate actual mouse-clicks during the opening cinematic, and if you do a mouse click, the cinematic can be skipped. I haven't used this feature at all yet, however (maybe tomorrow night:).

For Wizard Training (and in general for mega spells and talismans), you can bring up an alternative activation screen by clicking the staff-head above the mega-spell card: this should pop up a large screen that can be used to activate both talismans and mega-spells. Also, I think the "A" button should work to activate the talisman even if you don't mouse-over the "Activate" button, although I need to get to bed so can't test it right now:)
    RafiRomero

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:31 pm

• Hi.
    I fixed it so you should be able to skip the movie with the "A" or "B" buttons.
    The fix should appear in the next update to the game (I think due before the end of the month).

I was unable to replicate the problem you're having with talisman activation.
    I can activate all three talismans:
    a) By clicking the talisman icon, then clicking "A" without moving the pointer
    b) By clicking the talisman icon, moving the pointer over to the "activate" button, and clicking it with "A"
    c) By clicking the staff-head, and activating via the large popup that appears.

I wonder if it is some issue with Steam Link. Do you have the same problem playing directly?
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm

• I tried it, again, over Steam Link and it now works. Odd!

Found something else that happened yesterday and today:

When you press the A button while the cursor's over "End Turn" with orders remaining, pressing the A button while the cursor's over "No" in the pop-up window ends the turn instead of canceling the "End Turn" order.

Also, the shape of the Mana Fantisium talisman in the pop-up window doesn't match the shape shown under the "End Turn" button:

Thanks!
    Mysterio

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:33 pm

• Mysterio wrote:Found something else that happened yesterday and today:

When you press the A button while the cursor's over "End Turn" with orders remaining, pressing the A button while the cursor's over "No" in the pop-up window ends the turn instead of canceling the "End Turn" order.

Ahh very interesting to see that this happens with controller as well, this also happens with mouse to..

It's something that I've always noticed, I've thought about reporting it on a few occasions (on rare occasions it has caused a premature/accidental ending of turn).. I'll make a bug report for it now, I think it will help to explain why it also happens on controller.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5364
    Mazy

Return to Bug Reports

Information