AI behavior regarding blobbed AI wizard

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.

• It's good to see the patch in beta which fixes the AI's ability to recognize threats inside magic trees..

..on a similar theme, the AI also doesn't recognize the effects of traps on an AI wizard.. i.e, when it is trapped inside blob/web/wall it very often doesn't try to free itself using it's adjacent creatures and/or spells.

In the same way that it wasn't able to see the threat of enemies inside magic trees it also doesn't see growths such blob as a threat either, even if the blobbed AI wizard has several friendly creatures nearby, it will not use them to free itself..

..instead the mobs will either walk away or attack the wrong blob (the one which doesn't contain the trapped wizard).

It just needs to realize that when it is trapped the priority is to target the actual thing that it is trapped within (blob/web/wall).
    Mazy

• yes to all that. additionally, there is the strange, related issue of how Duel AI's react differently than Realm AI's in similar circumstances, (not to mention the chronic weirdness of that strangest of animals: the ruin AI—which I can only hope has been seen to in the beta).

Duel AI's do not use teleport, at least not in law mode. never in over 2500+ duels have i ever seen this. When blobbed or crystalled, they do not relocate their corporeal forms.
    Aka

• Aka wrote:Duel AI's do not use teleport, at least not in law mode. never in over 2500+ duels have i ever seen this. When blobbed or crystalled, they do not relocate their corporeal forms.

Wow dude, you're right, I haven't seen an AI wizard use teleport in a very very long time, I'm pretty certain they used to be able to..

..perhaps it was turned off for them because it was a liability to them, if I recall they used to teleport themselves in to worse situations (which led to their premature death or they could tele to an unreachable hex).

So maybe it's a good thing that they can't use tele in open play, they might actually be better off without it, hard to say.. but it would definitely help them to escape traps if they were able to use it correctly, perhaps under those circumstances they should be programmed to use teleport..

..seeing as they never use it, maybe it is assigned as an insta-burn card instead, if that's the case at least they get some use out of the card in the form of mana.

I wonder if it's ever going to be possible to program the AI to use things like crystal wall and meteor shower to.. would like to see the results of that.

I think the deal with the ruins AI is it's job description is to play suicidal so that the player is almost forced to kill it early.. and when you do kill it early you earn zero gold :( ..so in some small way the suicidal AI wins because it stopped you earning any gold for the win..

..So the ruins battles become all about keeping the suicidal AI pinned down and alive whilst collecting all the chests, which isn't always that easy lol

..However, I still think it might be better if the ruins AI played as normal.. the same dilemma would still exist, kill the wizard for zilch cash or take all the gold then kill the AI wizard (who might have accumulated a decent army by then if it was playing normally).
    Mazy

• yeah, all that makes sense.

but in terms of the ruins AI, you end up in a situation where you sacrifice more intelligent gameplay for the guarding of gold, which is really not worth all that much. AI's basically walking directly at you with no cover or care. I mean, if the game couldn't be won without first collecting all the chests, that might be another thing...
    Aka

• Yes Matty, have seen it too, it has been made for giving laughs, on purpose! :lol:
    Also about traps well, they are *cough-cough*, as I heard, so.. . :roll:
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

Return to Bug Reports

Information