Bugs in realm score

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 am

• I have checked with CGR about this.

My issues:
    For the realm Virgin Island : Fall
    i got the top score 883 before anyone got that score.
    then later, another one got that score.
    Previously i was rank 1 still when i click and see Realms rankings, but the completed ranking shows 2 instead. I ignore it.

After a month+ later, recently, i login and realised both my rankings list are rank 2 now for this map.

I checked with CGR to ask if i will retain to be rank 1 if i am the first to get the top score, and he says he "i think u will retain rank 1", after checking.
    It wouldnt be right if being first to reach the high score, will be replaced by the next one who does it later.
    bun

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:14 pm

• realm scoring is a mess.

i have had a lot of situations like you describe bun and for me its shouldnt be who is first it should just be if you have the top or equal top score

so if you and i have the top score then it shows are rank 1 for both of us.

of course player that complete a realm with invaders turned on have the chance to get more points but you have no way of telling if a score higher than yours or at the top was completed with or without invaders which may leave you wondering if you could do better and motivate you to run it again in the hope to better your own score or that of ones above you.

Also invader aided scores are very random as well depending on how many invaders you may or may not get.

Plus when the invader aided score first came in they were worth more than they are now so there is a few inflated scores knocking about that are potentially unreachable.

But as i say there are is lots wrong with how realm scores are calculated
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:31 pm

• In this case, base on only how the current scoring is, i clarified to understand if its a bug and was told by cgr to post it here since he is not good at sql or what other coding. Its not his forte.

Anyway i have tried to play again to get back to rank 1, just only to test if the current system works like this or bug.
    i won the map again, solo both times. This time i am still rank 2.

Since i was replaced initially, That is why i ask CGR about it. and he checks and agree.
    bun

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm

• Also if u are talking about invasion feature to be added to scoring

This is totally not possible, a person can play during the times when no one logins. and then how can he best his score when he plays during a time zone where no one is in.

Scoring for invasion is random too if anyone joins.

its not possible to add to scoring in this case to be considered.

Just base on current system, its a bug thats why i post.
    Last edited by bun on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    bun

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:47 pm

• thats the point i was making about it being random as to if you get invaded and how often
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 pm

• if invasion is ever involve in scoring, then ppl can abuse the system scoring by asking friends to invade them and give them the highest possible score too.

Anyway. the thread is about the bug i was told to post here, base on the objective of the score we are told to play by.
    bun

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:58 pm

• I feel invader scores should just yield more rewards (gold/karma/etc.) and hsould just be left out of the score, as score is more dependent on the exploring part of it. (lost battles can be a days sink, but most who are competing for highscores are probably not losing battles) THeres also the Ally stuff
    anjovi

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:22 pm

• anjovi wrote:I feel invader scores should just yield more rewards (gold/karma/etc.) and should just be left out of the score

That sounds like a good idea.
    Mazy

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:11 am

• It wasnt surprising though that you got the top score first given it was your own realm :)

but designers posting scores in their own realms is a whole different conversation :)

It does feel though as there is no logic as to how the game handles players on the same score and how it is ordered. I mean its not as if it looks are other parameters if the overall score is tied... number of creatures killed, number of creatures lost, number of fakes found out, most stylish kill, glad collected.

Maybe it just puts the names in to a hat and rolls the RNG, which would be kind of fitting
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:07 pm

• actually i did not get the top score first. u did gary.
    u got 882. i was getting high average score cuz i just want to try complete it after creating.
    Then u hit 882, so i thought, why not i try to do my best too.
    so i got 883 and hit rank 1.

but after u too tried to get 883, somehow i was replaced.
    Since we have the same score, i looked at the realm rankings, i am still rank 1, but the completed rankings, i am under rank 2.
    so i thought, why not i try to play the same score again and correct the bug, but completing it again did not get me into rank 1.
    So i wonder how did gary replace me in the first place?
    I decide to ignore the case since, i am still rank 1 under realms ranking.

After i log in a month + later, i realise my rank 1 is corrected to rank 2, that is why i asked CGR about the rules if its a bug.
    I told him that if i am the first to get the high score and that the others having to be the same later, do i retain the top tanking?
    He checked and told me i am right and ask me to post it here.

So the thread here is not about how the system should be in everyone's opinion, but how the current system is.
    Whether i am the map creator or not does not matter, i made the point to play by the rules the current system holds.
    U just have to play any map a few times and u will know which pathing is best to get the best score, and the most important is to defeat the chellenges, creator or not.

I suggest to create another thread for suggestions of future realms else where. I agree with anjovi about the rewards and not include invaders to scoring too as i had explain previously above, that can be abuse easily.

I hope a dev sees this and correct the ranking since i have already confront a dev about the system rules.
    The reason cgr did not help me change it is because the coding part is not his forte.

This thread is about the bug, and about current rules.
    bun

Next

Return to Bug Reports

Information