RMB drag scroll

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

• In beta the RMB no longer drag scrolls the screen/map..

I'm guessing this isn't a bug and is perhaps an intended change (seeing as the LMB has always been the main drag scroll button, RMB for drag scrolling was always optional) ..I only noticed this change because I seem to have developed a bit of a habit for using RMB to drag scroll lol

I think one of the advantages of being able to use RMB to drag scroll is you cant accidentally move a unit while drag scrolling (because you can only click on units and take actions with LMB).
    Last edited by Mazy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Mazy

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:41 pm

• Hi,
    Did the beta update today? I know we talked internally about doing an update, but I thought it was going to be tomorrow (probably).
    If not it didn't update, I'd hold off until it is released, which should now be very soon.

That said, this is probably semi-intentional.
    We were using a 3rd-party package called "FingerGestures" to handle touch input. This mapped various mouse actions to various things. I deleted "FingerGestures" because it became obsolete in Unity 5 (which handles finger stuff far better than FingerGestures does - you'll have two-finger-rotate and a proper right-click in the new version). I imagine you're seeing some fallout from that.

I can probably fix this if you really feel it needs a fix:)
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm

• CGR wrote:I can probably fix this if you really feel it needs a fix:)

lol Not too fussed about it.. although I was just asking around and it seems some people do use the RMB by default to drag scroll (probably out of habit because other games have it as drag scroll as well)..

..In fact, one player who only ever uses RMB to drag scroll was just saying that the RMB was working as drag scroll in an earlier version of the beta (a couple of weeks ago).

Is it likely to be the only button change? ..I didn't test to see if pressing middle mouse button has changed at all (if it did have any specific function before that is)

Also, I didn't check to see if any other RMB functionality has been lost, I'm guessing it can still be used to speed the animations up.
    Last edited by Mazy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mazy

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 pm

• CGR wrote:I can probably fix this if you really feel it needs a fix:)

ut oh I just found out that the guvnor (Gary) uses RMB to drag scroll, so... http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/62/628b747f ... 0571a2.jpg
    Last edited by Mazy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mazy

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:27 am

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:45 am

• Just noticed that the RMB is working for drag scrolling but it's pretty fast (it seems to scroll at a lot higher rate than LMB drag scroll). Might need a bit of fine tuning.
    Last edited by Mazy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mazy

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:04 am

• RMB drag scroll still seems a tad jerky, perhaps due to it being slightly too fast or too sensitive (at least it is compared to the speed at which the LMB drag scroll functions at).

Also, is the mouse wheel function a tad unresponsive? ..it seems to require a lot of wheel movement to tilt the viewing angle, or rather the function isn't very smooth (feels stuttery), it feels like at some points the mouse wheel is turning but not tilting the view but at other points it is turning and tilting the view.
    Last edited by Mazy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mazy

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

• RMB still drag scrolls the screen too fast and by too much (still too sensitive compared to the LMB drag scroll where the drag rate is perfect).
    Mazy

Return to Bug Reports

Information