Spot the Obvious Unfairness

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:59 pm

• Seen this a few times now

So someone goes to call in an ally that then gets obliterated before they even get a chance to say 'well this sucks'

In this instance, i was lucky it was law mode but i still took a tanking before i could wave my staff in anger.

To me, these situations should not exist
    Attachments
    Untitled.jpg
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:02 pm

• yes, agreed. i place this into the category of the wrong kind of difficult. Difficulties caused by map placement or map size and so on. is nonsense.
    Aka

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:19 pm

• Aw! he kept Yehrin alive!

that sucks though, it's too bad there wasn't a way to change the ally spawn parameters. In pvp it makes sense to have team members spawn in their own corners, but perhaps for realms mode it might make sense to have them spawn closer together...

or have some kind of parameter that if there are this many reinforcements, the ally could just get plopped down beside the main player.
    anjovi

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 am

• Thanks for reporting this, I've added it to our bug database.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:10 pm

• Happens often.

Just happened again in a game mazy called me in as an ally

i got roasted by a dragon turn 1 before even getting to play a turn

maps too small, merc places too random.

utterly demoralizing and deeply unfair to both ally and requester

sad times :cry:
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:44 pm

• Turn zero.. red is second to act, green is third to act but green is already in range of red.. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... A20BD94FE/

There just needs to be a way for the game to recognise the starting order in conjunction with the starting positions between wizards and mercs, Or define an absolute limit on the distance between starting mercs and the possible starting positions of opposing wizards.. Maybe a couple of lines of code could remedy this issue?

10 REM don't place wizards in starting positions that can be attacked before they have moved
    20 IF a unit occupies a starting position that can be attacked before it has moved GO TO 10
    Mazy

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:52 pm

• This shit is super annoying for both ally and requester FYI

Makes the game and the ally mechanic look bad
    Last edited by gary on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm

• From a realm designer perspective, when designing realms of high difficulty where lords are fully allied-up: the time investment in trying to responsibly curate battles is pretty insane. For instance, on average, I will setup a battle, test that battle for 1v1 (and with an ally when the button is re-implemented), and then retest and retest until a map suits the needs. In the realm creator, this is an incredibly awkward process and seriously requires a certain level of obsessiveness to undertake. On average, due to the tendency for maps to be too small, I will do this:

Forest battles: 8+ times before finding a map
    Mountain battles: 10+ times before finding a map (and more often than not I give up)
    Plain battles: 4+ times before finding a map (though usually due to topography, not size)
    Citadel battles: 6+ times before finding a map

Considering that the realms usually have 8+ battles in total, the commitment is kindof insane.

And then, there's some things you can't really predict or control entirely, such as the placement of allies that get called in.

:)
    Aka

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:11 am

• Totally get and appreciate any time a player puts in to designing a realm.

They shouldnt have to go to such lengths. The clunkiness and unfriendlyness of the real designer are a whole other can of wriggly worms

To me and my limited knowledge of programming it should be the game that ensures this doesnt happen.

Has there been a ally called in? If yes then generate a big map and place ally in location with 7 hexes between them and any Ai mercs or Ai wizard, if this is not possible then generate a bigger map, repeat until ally and requesting wizard doesnt run the risk of getting wasted turn 1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:05 pm

• Only Mazy knows how to get out of these nasty situations :lol:
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Bug Reports

Information